Killed over a Parking Spot, Stand Your Ground???

Rate this topic

DaBig2na

I'd like to see video of the event, but without it, I say charge the shooter and let a jury decide.  But even without being criminally charged, this event is going to cost that guy over $100,000 in legal expense for defending the civil suit that will be filed probably before I finish typing this post.

There are a lot of people that would be better off if they didn't carry outside the house.  They just don't have the control and judgement needed.  Those people are a danger to our gun rights and to the people around them.

Edit... whoops... just saw the video.  Yeah, that guy should be in cuffs.

Edited by Slacker

In another thread, I talked about my anti "stand your ground" logic, this is imo horrible what this old man did.  It's pretty obvious the black guy was an a hole and a jerk, but simply put should not have died for this. If the old man whipped out his gun and the guy lunged towards him, fire away, but this is never going to be acceptable in society for me and I think this is a good case for duty to retreat........

Edited by Jason V
The one who coined and copyrighted the term "mine"........

1 hour ago, Jason V said:

talked about my anti "stand your ground" logic, this is imo horrible what this old man did

Dude , the "old man" is 47 and that is not OLD. Unless you are 11 years old.

Im 56 and in excellent physical health and shape. ( I take great care of myself 99.5% of the time.)  Should I ever need to "Throw Down", I can.

I am also a longtime CCW holder. I was taught during my classes that if you ever begin a confrontation and then use a firearm for defense you are automatically at fault....NC is a stand your ground state.... The shooter started the confrontation which began as verbal. The shooter was merely Pushed and not under attack as George Zimmerman was in his case.

I hope the shooter gets convicted of either 2nd degree murder or manslaughter at the very least.  Because if he goes free you will see more senseless killing using this case as precedent ..... It does not help our cause in the eyes of the anti gun crowd.

First off Drejka should have just minded his own business , he's not a traffic cop and had no business saying anything other than " Did you know that this is a Handicapped parking spot.

Just in case she didn't know , But laying hands on her amounts to assault , Now as I see it , now the boyfriend seeing his girlfriend getting roughed up jumps in and threw him to the ground .

Now this is the part that I don't like Drejka pulls his gun and  caps him . I don't see a present danger that would warrant deadly force unless McGlockton was moving toward him with something in his hand and I didn't see anything in his hand in the video  , Drejka should be charged SYG shouldn't apply in this case , McGlockton was not a deadly force threat .

1 hour ago, jolly mon said:

First off Drejka should have just minded his own business , he's not a traffic cop and had no business saying anything other than " Did you know that this is a Handicapped parking spot.

Just in case she didn't know , But laying hands on her amounts to assault , Now as I see it , now the boyfriend seeing his girlfriend getting roughed up jumps in and threw him to the ground .

Now this is the part that I don't like Drejka pulls his gun and  caps him . I don't see a present danger that would warrant deadly force unless McGlockton was moving toward him with something in his hand and I didn't see anything in his hand in the video  , Drejka should be charged SYG shouldn't apply in this case , McGlockton was not a force threat .

Well said...there was no "clear and/or present danger".  Getting shoved does not equate to the use of deadly force.  I am an ardent 2nd amendment supporter but this simply does not rise to the taking of a life.

The wheels on my reels go round and round...round and round...round and round...

1 hour ago, jolly mon said:

Did this really happen?  I havent seen the video.

#otterlivesmatter

56 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Did this really happen?  I havent seen the video.

The shooter didn't touch the girlfriend.  It looks like he was yelling at her as she sat in the car.  She got out of the car about 2 seconds before the boyfriend shoved the shooter.  

(There is a video back on page 1 of the thread)

yeah.....going through the video (hadn't been released when i saw the news yesterday), I agree with jolly-mon.    

Looked like the guy shoved him (assault) but then it stopped.  Guy is on the ground, perp is NOT advancing on him yet ****head shoots him anyways.   i doubt SYG applies in this case.  I don't see the circumstances of having to resort to deadly force.  

I still say you can't go around laying hands on folks but the guy should have gotten up, dusted himself off and gone and filed charges.  He had ample time to NOT pull his weapon.  

Sad case.   

mea culpa guys.....

24 mins ago, JimP said:

I still say you can't go around laying hands on folks

Takes a lot of restraint to NOT defend yourself or your family.

Put yourself in his shoes.  You're coming out of the store to the sound of elevated voices and your lady is getting out of the with a guy yelling at her.  I can't say I don't shove the guy away either, or at least get in the middle and start chest bumping him away, right?

You're bound to do something to defend your family, right?

The is a win for the anti conceal carry crew.  You can defend the shove, the shooting not so much.

#otterlivesmatter

35 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Takes a lot of restraint to NOT defend yourself or your family.

Put yourself in his shoes.  You're coming out of the store to the sound of elevated voices and your lady is getting out of the with a guy yelling at her.  I can't say I don't shove the guy away either, or at least get in the middle and start chest bumping him away, right?

You're bound to do something to defend your family, right?

The is a win for the anti conceal carry crew.  You can defend the shove, the shooting not so much.

I hear ya man.   After watching the video i damned sure would have gotten between them and directed the guys attention to me.   

https://revoltroom.com/posts/19472

Unedited version, played over again from a shock site. (SFW), the ONLY thing I think the shooter can make a ground on is the guy put his hands in his pockets after pushing him down.  I doubt that's what made him shoot, but that's the ONLY thing I can think of. Other than that as many have said the anti 2nd amendment guys are (and should) have a field day with this.  I am so anti stand your ground and this confirms it for me.  

The one who coined and copyrighted the term "mine"........

27 mins ago, Jason V said:

https://revoltroom.com/posts/19472

Unedited version, played over again from a shock site. (SFW), the ONLY thing I think the shooter can make a ground on is the guy put his hands in his pockets after pushing him down.  I doubt that's what made him shoot, but that's the ONLY thing I can think of. Other than that as many have said the anti 2nd amendment guys are (and should) have a field day with this.  I am so anti stand your ground and this confirms it for me.  

Dude- he pulled his pants up and his hands were out.  I've been in a situation where a guy was yelling at my wife with kids in the car.  I got in between the two of them but didn't push.  Shooter was 100% wrong for yelling at a woman over a parking spot and 1000% wrong for shooting the guy.  

Sometimes, when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but you've actually been planted.