SalmonAndStriper Stalker

Its 1am and its already shoulder to shoulder

100 posts in this topic

You heard it better get here quick I wouldn't even bother showing up at daybreak. The whole canal is lit up like a Christmas tree with red white and green lights.

Edited by SalmonAndStriper Stalker

I got some email from somewhere that said if you're thinking of going to the canal, get here now this weekend. 

Which to me meant, stay home.

I'm only canal now, and there's literally nowhere to fish where I am. Guys every 50' or closer as far as the eye can see, both sides. I've never seen anything like this.

26 mins ago, bob_G said:

I'm only canal now, and there's literally nowhere to fish where I am. Guys every 50' or closer as far as the eye can see, both sides. I've never seen anything like this.

I got some room by me if you need any

1 hour ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I got some room by me if you need any

Thanks but I just went home. Nothing is worth fishing like this. I'd rather stick sharp objects in my eyes.

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

yerp, what a pissa week to have off for me,  plenty of room and phish.     that thumb wrecked the canal   bwahahahaha

6 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

You heard it better get here quick I wouldn't even bother showing up at daybreak. The whole canal is lit up like a Christmas tree with red white and green lights.

I wouldnt know. Im sleeping in this weekend. :p

2 hours ago, bassmaster said:

yerp, what a pissa week to have off for me,  plenty of room and phish.     that thumb wrecked the canal   bwahahahaha

:moon::moon::moon: 

4 hours ago, bassmaster said:

David so true out of the mouths of babes . Are you still hanging around or just sitting down?

I was there last night as well with my brother, thinking the morning would be packed but the night might be ok. Nope. It wasnt exactly shoulder to shoulder, but not comfortable either. We walked a bit and got some decent distance between the people next to us and fished for about two hours, then a guy shows up and posts about 20 yards to our right, in the direction the current was flowing. I thought that was fine, because I could control my drift and deal with it, and if anything, I would hinder him. I guess he thought the same thing because he packed up, and posted to our left, reversing the situation. We just went home for the night. What I should have done is moved literally 5 ft to his left and started fishing, and if he said anything, say to him, "If you dont like fishing close to others, why are you fishing so close to me?"

I guess I don’t need my personal best that bad. Wash the Queens carriage, Fishing truck (damn it stinks inside) an the cruiser. Back at it Monday 

have a great weekend!

39 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

David so true out of the mouths of babes . Are you still hanging around or just sitting down?

Bubbah you want to fish?

Sand or ditch,  no matter to me..

My phone doesn't have  your phone number 

How you been you old phart. Wait ima old fart now lol

I have been fishing. Just dont talk  about it

Shame how the  ditch is,  but then again.  Sands i use to be  hunted down on.  Thats what friends  buggies are for 

I catch and letem go could care less how big they are,  snap a pic once in a while .  Been hit up for some bass so may keep a 20 lb or less fish. 15 lb would be nice for my neighbor .

Lotsa hate online lol

Last Sept, when all the big fish were stuffed in the canal, and there were albies on the south side, I was undecided what I wanted to do and put both a canal rod and albie rod....thinking I'd decide on the fly when I get close. I drove by the herring run at around 4 am, and the lot was not only full, but several police cars were present as well....so I just kept on truckin' and headed to my albie spots instead....it's all I needed to see

Edited by albacized