ThrowinPlugs

Buyer beware; Tsunami Wood Needles

27 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Hey Dan,

Thanks but what’s “@jjdbike” mean”

I’m no expert on airwave elite for sure. Never even had one in my hands.

JD

The “@jjdbike” simply allows me to tag/notify you in the post I made responding to the inquiry that was directed at you of which line of tsunami rods you were referring to. When I said I’ll leave it to you to correct or confirm, it was because I was just guessing the airwave elite line was what you meant, and if not then you’d correct me on that. The question was directed at you, so because I answered I didn’t want to be rude by putting words in your mouth so I made sure to include you in my post in case I was mistaken. Zero sarcasm, underlying condescension, or assumptions were directed at you, Sir. 

Local shop is Seaside has always sold this Tsunami line of Metal Lip Swimmers and Poppers. They look great with a nice variety of patterns. . $10.

Sound like too good to be true. Yea, they all split and peel after one use.

I got few of the pencils I brake out when the blues around ..  they hold up well .. dare I say better then my gibbs which blues turn to wood chips 

2 hours ago, Dan_evan1 said:

The “@jjdbike” simply allows me to tag/notify you in the post I made responding to the inquiry that was directed at you of which line of tsunami rods you were referring to. When I said I’ll leave it to you to correct or confirm, it was because I was just guessing the airwave elite line was what you meant, and if not then you’d correct me on that. The question was directed at you, so because I answered I didn’t want to be rude by putting words in your mouth so I made sure to include you in my post in case I was mistaken. Zero sarcasm, underlying condescension, or assumptions were directed at you, Sir. 

highendhooker made the comment about tsunami having one good line of rods, then JJ asked which line of rods he was referring to, so you should have tagged hooker.  But anyway, I think tsunami makes some decent stuff these days, I have one of those white jigging rods and really like it.

8 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Don’t wanna hi-jack a good thread, but I’m dying to know. 

What line of Tsunami rods are you referring to?

JD

Yes the Airwave Elite series is the only tsunami line with high quality graphite and guides. 

Yes, those plugs split/crack/etc., similar to my experience with some Lex/Spina/BC plugs.  But the Lex group of plugs swim darned nicely, and they are pretty inexpensive, so  I buy them when I find them, then scrape off the peeling paint, sand quickly and apply a 50/50 blend of 100% minreal spirits and exterior spar varnish.  Granted, that is not the preferred approach to sealing plugs for our plug-building friends, but I have all of those materials on hand, and it works for me.

RE Airwave Elite rods:

I bought a used 10' XH three or four years ago and I have used it every time that I've jigging on the Ditch since then, tossing everything from 3 oz to 6 oz lead heads without any problems whatsoever.  I estimate that I have fished that rod some 300 hours since I purchased it.  (No, I do not push hard on my casts with 6 oz.  Anything up to 5 oz?  Heck yah, fire away!)

14 hours ago, jimmy z said:

Prolly made on a Friday:howdy:

or maybe a Monday with a hangover,,,

HH

14 hours ago, jimmy z said:

Chrome Bombers don't do that!:howdy:

that's very true.

HH

4 hours ago, nateD said:

highendhooker made the comment about tsunami having one good line of rods, then JJ asked which line of rods he was referring to, so you should have tagged hooker.  But anyway, I think tsunami makes some decent stuff these days, I have one of those white jigging rods and really like it.

Yeah those slimwave rods are actually a very good jigging rod too, I forgot about those. But, those two are the only good series, luckily they came out with an Airwave Elite surf and inshore, and the slimwave jigging, so they seem to have the bases covered. 

6 hours ago, CharlieK said:

Local shop is Seaside has always sold this Tsunami line of Metal Lip Swimmers and Poppers. They look great with a nice variety of patterns. . $10.

Sound like too good to be true. Yea, they all split and peel after one use.

The talking poppers are plastic, and are excellent, especially the XD. They even come with decent hooks but the split rings aren’t very good. I’m not a fan of any of their wood products myself

22 mins ago, HighEndHooker said:

Yeah those slimwave rods are actually a very good jigging rod too, I forgot about those. But, those two are the only good series

That's it I couldn't remember the name when I was typing that, it has really good power for how light it is.