UpLULA

Rate this topic

Bass Ackwards

I just bought another UpLULA, a very handy device. Have 3 or 4, always good to have a few extras. As I was taking it out of the package I got to thinking, how did it get it's name, it's so "ungunly". UpLULA almost sounds gay. They're made in Israel but it's not an Israeli name best I can tell. Anyone care to make a guess, Google didn't help me. Curiosity got me wondering.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

Wellll, I found out what the LULA stands for, Loaders and Un Loaders Accessories.

Thanks to some brilliant engineering and product design work by Ran and Guy Tal of Maglula, Ltd., home based in Israel, magazine loading shooters now have a full line of Maglula loaders. Maglula is the acronym name that stands for “magazine loaders and unloaders accessories.”

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

11 mins ago, TheKnot said:

They are great for when your suffering with carpul tunnel , makes my life so much easier 

Less then a year ago a friend came to the house to do some shooting. He couldn't get the last couple of rounds into his Kimber Solo magazine. My UpLULA saved his day, he bought one a few days later and the same time traded his Solo in for a Glock 43.

Took me a while to catch on.  My son tried to get me using one a few years ago and I got frustrated with not having "the rhythm" and proceeded to load with my fingers like I always have.

Fast forward two things happened, almost at the same time.  First, I took my cousin and his kids from Norway to the Pistol Club I belong to.  While loading a VP9 mag for them, the lip cut the snot out of my thumb.  Simultaneously, I've gotten involved in some competitive (USPSA) shooting and then RO'ing at the same club.

I know find it to be a really handy and useful gizmo.

Jeff B.  

"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
Plutarch