East Tide

Interesting Quote

131 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, bob_G said:

Boys and girls what we have here is a textbook definition of circular logic. As called paradoxical thinking.

This canal stuff is complicated

5 mins ago, bob_G said:

Boys and girls what we have here is a textbook definition of circular logic. As called paradoxical thinking.

Actually Tailslaps post is right on the money........but feel free to deflect it some other way

What the canal has turned into since social media is quite disheartening. The newer folks have no idea what fun it used to be. I still go but most of the time it’s just a token effort. 

29 mins ago, toekneeo said:

Actually Tailslaps post is right on the money........but feel free to deflect it some other way

Circle complete :shaky:

47 mins ago, bob_G said:

What we have here boys and girls is revisionist history. You used to be on the opposite side of the internet reports issue. Not long back you were all for internet reports. Said there would be little negative impact. I,m sure there are some in here who also remember.  Now you are against internet reports because they finally affected you personally.  And you act like you always felt this way. Revisionists  history.  

5 mins ago, Tailslap said:

What we have here boys and girls is revisionist history. You used to be on the opposite side of the internet reports issue. Not long back you were all for internet reports. Said there would be little negative impact. I,m sure there are some in here who also remember.  Now you are against internet reports because they finally affected you personally.  And you act like you always felt this way. Revisionists  history.  

When did I ever say I was against internet reports? :)

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

When did I ever say I was against internet reports? :)

So your still not able to bring yourself to say internet reports is why things are so bad in the Canal? Are you serious? You are in the minority on that one for sure. Pretty much everyone else has at least admitted to the problem( now that it is too late).  You still feel internet reports do little harm like you used to say on here? Can’t even admit you were wrong......that’s bad man. 

I never joined f book

I thought it was for woman, don't know anything about it really. 

If it did this to fishing and brought in all the morons I hate it more. 

1 min ago, Tailslap said:

So your still not able to bring yourself to say internet reports is why things are so bad in the Canal? Are you serious? You are in the minority on that one for sure. Pretty much everyone else has at least admitted to the problem( now that it is too late).  You still feel internet reports do little harm like you used to say on here? Can’t even admit you were wrong......that’s bad man. 

You said I was against internet reports.  I contend I never have.   Please don't put words in my mouth nor speak for me. :)

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

You said I was against internet reports.  I contend I never have.   Please don't put words in my mouth nor speak for me. :)

Here’s some more circular logic for you. All the complaints you have about people fishing the Canal is due to the fact that internet reports clued them in and now these as you call them pigs are here at the Canal to stay. Let me repeat.....they are here due to internet reports. So I,m glad you are still in favor of reports of the Canal. It’s a real bad look. 

On 7/13/2018 at 2:23 PM, bob_G said:

What I've seen so far this year isn't even on par with last year. It's far worse. Besides the obvious poaching, the awful abuse and handling is off the  charts. Clearly most people have no respect for our resource. People have no problem throwing back a dead 35" fish after they catch a 40".

These people are pigs.

Here because of internet reports

2 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Here because of internet reports

I said that and stand by it. I was clearly referring to fish abuse and poaching.

Where did I say I was against internet reports as you stated? :)

Posted (edited)

5 mins ago, bob_G said:

I said that and stand by it. I was clearly referring to fish abuse and poaching.

Where did I say I was against internet reports as you stated? :)

I just guessed you made the connection of all the bad actors in the Canal you have been complaining about to where most of them came from. Ah internet reports. How could you possibly be in favor of Canal reports at this point. Explain to me how you are still in favor because you have been dead wrong in the past of the damage they would do. Explain to us why. Should be good.

Edited by Tailslap

2 mins ago, Tailslap said:

I just guessed you made the connection of all the bad actors in the Canal you have been complaining about to where most of them came from. Ah internet reports. How could you possibly be in favor of Canal reports at this point. Explain to me how you are still in favor because you have been dead wrong in the past of the damage they would do. Explain to us why. Should be good.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Its obvious neither one of us is giving in.  No good will come from that. So that said, I'm tapping out before this turns into a public urinating contest. :wave: