tomkaz

Deplorable (Liberal) Media Behavior, Again

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Trump said that if the UK goes ahead with a “soft Brexit”, the US will likely not be able to execute a trade deal with the UK. 

Liberal Media is up in arms that Trump would “blackmail” the Brits. That he would try to force them to do something via trade threats. And other such derf. 

Yet these idiot Teleprompter readers (and their script writers) seem to be totally ignorant of the details of a “soft Brexit”. Simply put, under the approach PM May is currently headed, the UK would remain under the EU’s customs and trade regime, making a bilateral deal with the USA impossible. 

Trump is not threatening but stating fact. 

So is is the Media just stupid and ignorant? Or are they intentionally omitting this salient point for the sake of breathless reporting and opportunity to stir up their low-info viewers? 

Deplorable. 

Edited by tomkaz

In press conference with May, Trump just refused to take a question from CNN, Acosta I think, calling CNN fake news. 

He and Farage are tag teaming the EU, they are clearly sharing a strategy; here's Nigel before DJT's visit to Europe.

Short but great speech IMO.

-

Posted (edited)

So is the Media just stupid and ignorant? Or are they intentionally omitting this salient point for the sake of breathless reporting and opportunity to stir up their low-info viewers? 

They are expediently stupid and ignorant as per usual in their effort to be the first media outlet to bash Trump. They pick up the bits and pieces that fit the narrative they want to present and run with it.

In there headlong rush to hurt the President they could not make or break they end up looking foolish and more often than not wrong when the real facts come out.

Edited by Jay Blair

Hey tomkaz, maybe the people who wanted Brexit, and those who voted for it, shoulda thunk about the choices they'd be faced with when things got real, like now.

5 mins ago, patchyfog said:

Hey tomkaz, maybe the people who wanted Brexit, and those who voted for it, shoulda thunk about the choices they'd be faced with when things got real, like now.

What are you suggesting? That the people were too stupid to understand the implications of their desires? Isn’t that the typical elitist view that led to this point? 

Why did Boris quite the May government? Because he saw a path to a hard Brexit that May (who was a Remainer btw) is now unprepared to execute. 

So Patchy, I guess you want to adminster some sort of knowledge test before votes so that we can be sure that the potential voters understand all the issues they face. Is that what you want? 

6 mins ago, Mike S123 said:

Wow Tom. That liberal media is really in your head. They own you.

They don’t own chit, I just enjoy pointing out their duplicity and stupidity. 

And do you think your comment is effective in some way? Was that supposed to make me feel something? Embarrassment? Shame? 

I have been posting examples like this for years, not here necessarily, but it is a hobby to find these examples of the chattering class being either ill-informed or disingenuous. 

But thanks for the attempt at whatever you were attempting. 

15 mins ago, Mike S123 said:

Wow Tom. That liberal media is really in your head. They own you.

I think it is more the case that many of us are surprised at how openly and brazenly biased the left wing media has become.

Like the Left Wing politicians the MSM  no longer even tries to hide their agendas and it is a clear indication how out of touch they are with the rest of US. The are in their own self-contained bubble and have no intellectual curiosity or a clue as to what happened to them in the last election.

All for the best.

Edited by Jay Blair

11 mins ago, tomkaz said:

What are you suggesting? That the people were too stupid to understand the implications of their desires? Isn’t that the typical elitist view that led to this point? 

Why did Boris quite the May government? Because he saw a path to a hard Brexit that May (who was a Remainer btw) is now unprepared to execute. 

So Patchy, I guess you want to adminster some sort of knowledge test before votes so that we can be sure that the potential voters understand all the issues they face. Is that what you want? 

So you apparently couldn't anticipate the tough choices either.

And you're correct, I think some voters didn't consider the challenges the UK would have in renogiating things. It was gonna be all butter and honey...

8 mins ago, patchyfog said:

So you apparently couldn't anticipate the tough choices either.

And you're correct, I think some voters didn't consider the challenges the UK would have in renogiating things. It was gonna be all butter and honey...

I beg to differ. I read the polls in real time because I needed to know for work. I read the research from our London team, all of who belong to all the right clubs and went to all the right schools, and noted how tone deaf they were. Their problem was that they could not understand why someone would vote for Exit and were thus blind to why people would want to leave the EU. From their perspective, EU membership was all upside with no downside, completely oblivious to the challenges and frustrations felt by the people in the British version of fly-over country. This was directly analogous to the rise of Trumpism at the same time here. 

The Brits who voted for Exit were voting to leave the EU because they felt it was not working for them. That was their decision and concern, to get the ball rolling. 

If you want to complain about the lack of information, since that is what you are focused upon, then blame the Brit political and media class. They were so convinced (to the 75% level) that Remain was the answer that they did not think it necessary to bother educating the masses about the repercussions of Exit. In fact, the BBC and other outlets treated the Exiters’ views the way the MSNBC team treated Trump supporters in the months that followed. 

Yet, Nigel Farage did speak to the people, because he needed to get his point across. Why didn’t the Remainers do similar, at a level the commoner could absorb and contemplate? Arrogance perhaps? 

18 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Arrogance perhaps? 

The British commoner is finding out that the British aristocracy has been reincarnated into London City bankers happy to sell out Britain so long as they get their vig.

What was once a sovereign nation still has its Sovereign, but not its sovereignty.

14 mins ago, tomkaz said:

I beg to differ. I read the polls in real time because I needed to know for work. I read the research from our London team, all of who belong to all the right clubs and went to all the right schools, and noted how tone deaf they were. Their problem was that they could not understand why someone would vote for Exit and were thus blind to why people would want to leave the EU. From their perspective, EU membership was all upside with no downside, completely oblivious to the challenges and frustrations felt by the people in the British version of fly-over country. This was directly analogous to the rise of Trumpism at the same time here. 

The Brits who voted for Exit were voting to leave the EU because they felt it was not working for them. That was their decision and concern, to get the ball rolling. 

It sure is analagous; it's pretty much the same with the whole populist movement around the globe.

I can understand the gripes of Brits who feel there's too much control from Brussels, and I didn't say otherwise.

But there's the whole trade side of it. How many trade agreements will the UK have to renegotiate around the world? London say anything about that? I'm thinking it's about everything. Was there any inherent reason why the UK will do better negotiating on its own instead of as part of the EU? Ya tuink Trump wants to give the UK a *better deal*?

Just sayin. Nobody knows how the whole thing will turn out.