KnewBee

Potato diplomacy

39 posts in this topic

"When Secretary of State Mike Pompeo visited Pyongyang last weekend, he was supposed to have a one-on-one meeting with Kim Jong-un. But the North Korean leader never showed up during Pompeo’s three-day visit. His top deputy, who took the meeting in Kim’s absence, said his boss was out of town without revealing what was more important than a sit-down with the top U.S. diplomat...

"...Meanwhile, back in Pyongyang, the meetings between Pompeo and representatives of Kim’s governments were a disaster. Despite the secretary’s attempt to put a positive spin on the visit, as soon as he was out of the country, North Korea criticized his “unilateral and gangster-like” demands and called the talks “regrettable.” New York Magazine

Wasn't Trump just touting Pompeo's success at the disastrous NATO Summit (he stitched that lie into his others very well)?

Anyone care to remind me how successful the NK Summit was?

I can't handle all this Winning! 

Capture.PNG

1 min ago, DoOver said:

Jeepers 6 foot tall potatoes stalks?

Tubers grow on trees in that evil empire?

Don't confuse the liberal city folk with that stuff.  Those are potatoes damn it.

This is something to get excited about! So excited that one would start a thread about it. 

What is your point? That Trump lied? 

Ok let’s run with that one. Tell me Knew, does this lie rank up there with, “ if you like your healthcare, you can keep your healthcare.” “If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.” ? 

This is a negotiation. Some meetings go well. Some dont.  It’s still better then not negotiating at all

1 min ago, Markushook said:

This is something to get excited about! So excited that one would start a thread about it. 

Ok let’s run with that one. Tell me Knew, does this lie rank up there with, “ if you like your healthcare, you can keep your healthcare.” “If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.” ? 

This is a negotiation. Some meetings go well. Some dont.  It’s still better then not negotiating at all

Yes, there needs to be more room for all of Little's nonsense. 

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow
The potatoes are as high as an elephant's eye
An' it looks like they're  climbin' clear up to the sky

Oh, what a beautiful mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day
I got a beautiful feelin'
Ev'rything's goin' my way

13 mins ago, Markushook said:

Point?   The faithful tout Trump's successes on these fronts.  They are buying into the lies and using them to espouse the great success of Trump when there is no there there.   Suckers.

I won't compare last seasons lies to this seasons, I will leave the whataboutisms to those who are mired in them. 

Some do. Most don’t. Most realize, negotiating with NK with be a painstaking back and forth **** slinging crusade. Perhaps this crusade will result in a friendship. Perhaps not. 

You seem only to thrilled to point out the latter.

1 hour ago, KnewBee said:

Point?   The faithful tout Trump's successes on these fronts.  They are buying into the lies and using them to espouse the great success of Trump when there is no there there.   Suckers.

I won't compare last seasons lies to this seasons, I will leave the whataboutisms to those who are mired in them. 

So it's settled, you've got some kind of inside information the rest of the planet doesn't have? 

No NK deal, ever, kaput; we heard it here first from our current number TDS PG member?

No matter how good or bad things are going with NK, only a complete fool would deny Trump has done way more than Obama (dithering nothingness) or Bush (ignored mostly). Clinton did more than Trump but it was all horribly bad - basically enabling their nukes. Obama used that as a template for Iran. Than God St Donald the Magnificent stopped that disaster from proceeding any further. Of the whole bunch, only one guy is interested in real peace.

30 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

God St Donald the Magnificent 

“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” 
― Christopher Hitchens

2 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Yes. Your real point. Stop beating around the bush. :rav: