jrzfly

House Fails Fishermen and Fish by Passing H.R. 200

140 posts in this topic

Great job down there guys! What a joke, CB Foundation, politics, all BS!

It's disgusting, anyone or any group that pushes for or supports this bill should be blackballed by every angler on the planet. This bill is horrendous and is bought to you by the folks pretending they represent recreational anglers while taking millions from businesses - and there are a lot of them around these days. Their very last concern is the fish and this bill, if it becomes law, will make sure the health of a fishery is the LAST concern of the politicians pretending to be concerned fisheries managers. It's already very close to last...this bill will make sure it's last.

If ANYONE belongs to a fishing related organization - ask them for their opinion on this bill - if they support it or defend, stop sending them money and join a group that isn't looking for ways to kill more fish AFTER all the present safeguards in place say we need should have stopped years ago :mad:

TimS

The political winds are blowing in a different direction these days

pro business 

F the environment and resource 

was actually surprised the vote was as close as it was 

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

pro business 

was actually surprised the vote was as close as it was 

This isn’t a discussion about administrations or political parties, it’s about a bill designed to let people keep killing fish long after science says they are in dire straights and need protection. Let’s try to keep it away from hand wringing about political parties - thanks :)

TimS

33 mins ago, TimS said:

This isn’t a discussion about administrations or political parties, it’s about a bill designed to let people keep killing fish long after science says they are in dire straights and need protection. Let’s try to keep it away from hand wringing about political parties - thanks :)

TimS

So it doesn’t matter who introduced it and who voted to pass it. 

Ok

87C032BF-0833-4311-A6FF-DB38B1CA6731.jpeg

9 mins ago, JohnP said:

Ok

Thanks for the info.

Science itself is an endangered species these days.

2 hours ago, JohnP said:

Ok

You think the average person who accidentally provided financial support to groups that fight to kill fish long after the stocks are in danger care which political party you want to blame? You think it’s more likely for them to change the way they vote or stop giving money to groups they didn’t know were fighting so hard AGAINST healthy fish stocks? Seriously, leave your partisan politics in the PG - the fish don’t care who kills them, they’ll be just as dead...and the average angler is already more likely to avoid even thinking about this than doing anything...your partisan crap doesn’t help anyone. You are welcome to whine and wail as much as you want in the PG forum - this discussion is about the implications of a bill, not which ‘side’ voted for it. Thanks.

TimS

50 mins ago, TimS said:

You think the average person who accidentally provided financial support to groups that fight to kill fish long after the stocks are in danger care which political party you want to blame? You think it’s more likely for them to change the way they vote or stop giving money to groups they didn’t know were fighting so hard AGAINST healthy fish stocks? Seriously, leave your partisan politics in the PG - the fish don’t care who kills them, they’ll be just as dead...and the average angler is already more likely to avoid even thinking about this than doing anything...your partisan crap doesn’t help anyone. You are welcome to whine and wail as much as you want in the PG forum - this discussion is about the implications of a bill, not which ‘side’ voted for it. Thanks.

TimS

Tim the implications of the bill, who voted for it, who influenced each politician, the screaming about regulations and how it is killing business, and a specific shift in policy at the top across industries to lift regulation to stimulate commerce...  they are all part of a fact chain

I damned well want to know who introduces and who votes for these bills, and I don't think pointing that out is partisan, you either voted yeah or nay, black and white. But damned if you'll get my vote or my financial support. I don't personally vote by party (hate them both), I vote by record. Stating the record is not partisan crap, it's fact.

Posted (edited)

11 mins ago, stormy monday said:

I damned well want to know who introduces and who votes for these bills, and I don't think pointing that out is partisan, you either voted yeah or nay, black and white. But damned if you'll get my vote or my financial support. I don't personally vote by party (hate them both), I vote by record. Stating the record is not partisan crap, it's fact.

Well I don’t onow what to say. With a small handful of exceptions they voted along party lines, literally 

here’s MA, NJ, NY

but there’s a lot of R in the Midwest and south who all voted for it.

when do we on the coast get a chance to F up their largemouth bass?

79B98D62-6C52-40D5-812A-B058592A472F.jpeg

4B1E7937-4F8C-4F23-8305-4781B4544FC9.jpeg

B5B65279-64CF-4C54-87DF-7ACD3879F868.jpeg

Edited by JohnP

This was pushed hard by the RFA based on what I have read.  Some of their leadership are members here.  Contact them.

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, JohnP said:

pro business 

I notice that also.  I don't believe it will change anytime soon, if at all.  SAD

Time that we ALL start caring about our environment, not just fishers, it affects us all.

Edited by JoeSWFF

11 hours ago, stormy monday said:

Don't you think fishermen would more effectively remove their financial support from the groups who say they are representing recreational fishermen and then put the money recreational anglers give them behind the writing and passing of legislation designed to allow far worse over harvesting than we've had since the 1970s?  You think getting people - who are already generally either left/right leaning - riled up about this legislation is going to get them to CHANGE THEIR ENTIRE POLITICAL LEANING? No. Not a chance. My point to John was - he's wasting the little bit of give of **** people have for stuff like this getting them angry at a political party AND THAT WON'T CHANGE A THING. Get them angry at the folks who say they are representing them while they write and fight for legislation like this. If you don't vote by party, good for you - that makes you an incredible and insignificant portion of this nation's voters. But John is so partisan he would rather waste the little bit of care folks muster for something horrific like this to take a shot at a political party rather than give a rat's ass about the fish and try to direct folks to where they can actually make a difference. News flash - making this a partisan political thing is NOT the way to effect change - the nation isn't going to vote liberal because of this bill that almost nobody gives a crap about - the way to make a change is to cut the balls off any group that fights for legislation like this while pretending to give a crap about the health of any fishery. 

So feel free to pick one - you can wail at the moon about partisan politics like John would prefer - or you can try to do something that has at least some chance to make an actual change. Go for it :th:

TimS