tomkaz

Pushing Kavanaugh/Trump Fake News

10 posts in this topic

Single source, that won’t go on the record. But hey, let’s run with it and allow other far-Left organs pick it up and proliferate. Then, when caught, make a half retraction but by then the damage is done. 

Did you hear Schumer today talking about Kavanaugh in front of a phalanx of microphones? The Dems are all-in on this being a negotiated and anti-Mueller selection. If the Dems/Left/Media can’t stop Kavanaugh with votes, they will do all they can to discredit his selection, his imagined conflicts, and then the decisions in which he partakes. 

InsraPundit:

BRIDGET JOHNSON: Kavanaugh Visits Capitol Hill as Durbin Predicts ‘Wild West D.C.’ If Confirmed. “Senate Dems vow to ‘look into what went on and what assurances were made that brought this name to the top of the list’.”

I believe those Senate Dems are referencing this bit of Fake News:

DEF2C726-600F-424A-8A73-FF631C12C78D.png.35e5735a8772bf7abedd2f9f9d965efc.png

Deb Heine reported yesterday that “Left-wing news sites like Alternet, Think Progress, Mother Jones, and the New Republic immediately disseminated the sketchy story (based on one anonymous source). As of this writing, all but one (Mother Jones) still have their stories up.”

When you’ve lost Mother Jones…

For those who don’t recognize this tweeter, she is NBC’s Capitol Hill reporter, formerly of CNN. This is not some minor blogger. 

And the walkback doesn’t get any more serious when her source acknowledges that his/her info is second hand, at best. 

FAKE NEWS ?

Wait...so the reporter amended the story once they received further clarification? Sounds like responsible journalism to me. 

I'm curious as to this list though. Is this a normal practice?

3 mins ago, tomkaz said:

FAKE NEWS ?

Who cares really?

Kavanaugh is an excellent choice, eminently qualified and well suited for elevation to the Supreme Court.

3 mins ago, The Dude said:

Wait...so the reporter amended the story once they received further clarification? Sounds like responsible journalism to me. 

Responsible except for the initial report which was irresponsible. :rav:

12 mins ago, The Dude said:

She ran with a half-baked, poorly sourced, unsubstantiated “whisper” through a tweet, not even a formal NBC News report. That tweet was then picked up by other outlets and run with as if it was gospel. When the original poster is forced to withdraw the bulk of the assertion, the other organs, and the derivative posts from there, do not withdraw. So anyone who read the first, second or third wave reports on this, likely remain convinced “the fix was it”. 

Is this “normal”? Who knows what normal is given the relative infrequent changes at the SC. 

25 mins ago, tomkaz said:

If the Dems/Left/Media can’t stop Kavanaugh with votes, they will do all they can to discredit his selection, his imagined conflicts, and then the decisions in which he partakes. 

So, they are stealing this approach directly from the Trump playbook with regards to Mueller then I guess 

13 mins ago, RIRockhound said:

So, they are stealing this approach directly from the Trump playbook with regards to Mueller then I guess 

What evidence has Mueller presented to the public that suggests he has anything on Trump vis-a-vis collusion? Team Mueller’s conflicts have been well documented. His selection as SC has been questioned by people who are not Trump fans. People who question that, from the Left, are being subjected to autophagy, see Dershowitz. 

There is nothing to this Kennedy/Kavanaugh/Trump story beyond a normal discussion of who would be the type that the justice would like to see succeed him. Kavanaugh is eminently qualified for the bench. 

Nice try. 

Well, at the MSM this week you have your choice of Armageddon Stories that will end of the world as we know it.

1. Abortion Armageddon

2. Healthcare Armageddon

3. NATO Armageddon

4. And now Trump not getting impeached Armageddon.

Wow! you can take your pick or choose all four. The left must be sure they are going to die any moment.

And we wonder why more than 70% of Americans think the MSM posts erroneous stories or simply makes stuff up.

Edited by Jay Blair