Jonesy

Gender Reveals

23 posts in this topic

I recently had to attend one of these new gender reveal party’s for a young couple of neighbors having a child. I’m so glad this trend wasn’t around when I was having kids. Not that I would have allowed it anyway. Anybody else have to go to one of these god awful things? At least they weren’t afraid to use traditional gender specific colors and gifts although I was expecting one of the  millenials to complain about that, none did. 

45 mins ago, Jonesy said:

I recently had to attend one of these new gender reveal party’s for a young couple of neighbors having a child. I’m so glad this trend wasn’t around when I was having kids. Not that I would have allowed it anyway. Anybody else have to go to one of these god awful things? At least they weren’t afraid to use traditional gender specific colors and gifts although I was expecting one of the  millenials to complain about that, none did. 

Isnt it a bit soon to be imposing stereotypes on a baby, they dont even know how its going to walk yet. Might have a certain swish.

Gender reveal parties are kind of limiting.

They only ID two of many possibilities in today's world.

6 hours ago, Jonesy said:

:headscratch:

the first time I ever heard of a gender reveal party was 4 or 5 years ago, my buddy's brother and SIL had one...my buddy described the scenario...his bro and SIL went to their ultrasound appointment, had the tech write their baby's gender on a piece of paper and put it into a sealed envelope...they then took said envelop to a local baker and ordered a cake...they instructed the baker to open the envelop and read the gender, then bake blue filling into the cake for a boy, pink for a girl...they then blah blah blah blah...he just kept going on and on, at first I thought he was kidding about the whole thing because to me it seemed like the most pretentious thing I ever heard of...

Posted (edited)

Hi ya stranger!!

I had to look this up.  Its a baby shower.  Men do not go to baby showers.

AND, the Huffington Post says they are bad because nobody knows what people's gender is till they are told.  So you got that.

This is really long but if you want to see the good interview, go to 9 minutes

Edited by Little

gender reveal parties are not necessarily a baby shower...my buddy's bro had both...

Ain't no effin way I'd attend. 

They can't hide it forever.....  

Self indulgent process designed to gather more free stuff from their friends. Pass.... 

34 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

gender reveal parties are not necessarily a baby shower...my buddy's bro had both...

Men do not go to baby showers.  Baby showers are for women, and Max Kat.

59 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

at first I thought he was kidding about the whole thing because to me it seemed like the most pretentious thing I ever heard of...

Its for people who have no other real issues or worries in life, and get their ideas from Pintrist and Instagram.  

Good for them, though, celebrating unborn kids is a lot better than killing them, ignoring them, or abandoning them.

Gender reveal parties are for one thing... for the parents to prove to their friends how, like, totally plugged in and with-it they are.

"accept us... we are sooooo correct"