paularchibald8

Black Hole Rod Dealers

37 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, paularchibald8 said:

Went to Tomo and wished i had done it first, owner was super nice and very informed on his products helped me decide what i wanted and was even kind enough to give me a small discount .  Now the proud owner of a ODM Frontier X!!! Thank you all for your advice and help!

Congrats! I have been saving for that one.. Maybe this fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure Tomo gave right advice based on your need. Thanks for considering Black Hole rods 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSong, do you have any stocking dealer on the NC Coast for surf rods yet?  Thx, OH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 mins ago, Old Hunter said:

KSong, do you have any stocking dealer on the NC Coast for surf rods yet?  Thx, OH

No. We don't. Most tackle shops there don't know  Black Hole surf rods exist. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ksong said:

No. We don't. Most tackle shops there don't know  Black Hole surf rods exist. :)

Recommend any specific rods for my accurate bv2 500. Going for small Tuna and mahi. Was looking at one in j and h also Saltwaters I think had some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, paularchibald8 said:

Went to Tomo and wished i had done it first, owner was super nice and very informed on his products helped me decide what i wanted and was even kind enough to give me a small discount .  Now the proud owner of a ODM Frontier X!!! Thank you all for your advice and help!

Excellent choice.....I’m sure you’ll be very pleased with the Frontier X. It has plenty of power especially if plan on using it at the CCC. Just to give people an idea the power on the Frontier X, here’s a friend who regularly catches tarpon on his 9’6” Frontier 

FF2BA4D0-2D41-4BF3-BA32-6F2D79B8EA3A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 mins ago, JimJones said:

Recommend any specific rods for my accurate bv2 500. Going for small Tuna and mahi. Was looking at one in j and h also Saltwaters I think had some.

How big tuna are you targeting ? We have Black Hole Cape Cod 80g - 450g depending on sizes of tuna. Also we have 7'3"/8' Challenger Bank H rods for tuna if you like longer rods 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, ksong said:

How big tuna are you targeting ? We have Black Hole Cape Cod 80g - 450g depending on sizes of tuna. Also we have 7'3"/8' Challenger Bank H rods for tuna if you like longer rods 

Looking something around the 80g-150g Rods you have. I’ve caught anywhere between 40 and 100lb tuna so I am not going for large blue fins or anything that large.  I’m new to this tuna game trying to get my new rod setup for next weekend. I’m told by other members to ask you so here I am lol. My friends are tired of my using there gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case i can recommend Black Hols Cape Cod 80g, 150g or 250g rod or 7'3" Black Hole Challenger Bank H rod. I you like lighter rod, Black Hole Cape cod Slow Pitch rods are good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much. Appreciate the fast reply and the help. I’ll post some pics when I get some fish on it for you. Greatly appreciated thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, Master Debaiter said:

Excellent choice.....I’m sure you’ll be very pleased with the Frontier X. It has plenty of power especially if plan on using it at the CCC. Just to give people an idea the power on the Frontier X, here’s a friend who regularly catches tarpon on his 9’6” Frontier 

FF2BA4D0-2D41-4BF3-BA32-6F2D79B8EA3A.jpeg

Glad to hear it, went with the 9'6" instead of the 10'6" rod and was worried about regretting not having the extra length but cant wait to get out and try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not mny anglers use Black Hole surf rods. But I am confident Black Hole  surf rods wil be appreciated by surf anglers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, paularchibald8 said:

Glad to hear it, went with the 9'6" instead of the 10'6" rod and was worried about regretting not having the extra length but cant wait to get out and try it.

Just so you know; having extra rod length translates into greater casting distance. However weather you prefer the 9'-6" or  10'-6" both rods share great fish fighting capabilities. At that Tarpon location plugs are caste out into a outgoing tide and drifted out with it, then worked in for the strike. Daniel is a master of this technique.

 

I myself have a custom 11' Frontier X,  2-6 oz. It's my rod of choice when I want great distance and unparalleled fish fighting capabilities.

Lou T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ksong said:

Still not mny anglers use Black Hole surf rods. But I am confident Black Hole  surf rods wil be appreciated by surf anglers 

 

The "economic versions" will be a good seller for you. As you are learning you will be needing more stock on hand. Black Hole in Korea  should be helping you more, i.e., bigger credit line, faster filling your orders. You can't sell what you don't gotz. However, you could have a problem if you get "Trumped".

 

J:wag:n

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this industry you got to pay when you get rods. We developed over 70 different .models of rods/blanks. 

It is hard predict which rods sell good and it takes 4 - 6 months to get them when ordered. 

It is inevitable some rods sell out and have to wait for several months, especially new rods like Charter Special and Suzuki rods.

We will try our best to have them in stock 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.