paularchibald8

Black Hole Rod Dealers

37 posts in this topic

hey guys so im in the process of looking for a new rod and was looking at ODM and Black Hole rods and wanted to see both in person, so i went to the dealers listed by Black Hole  and of the 2 i went to they only had jigging rods and i called the other dealers and most of them claimed to not sell any Black Hole rods at all.  I am curious if anyone knows why this is?  As a perspective buyer hearing half of a companies listed dealers say we dont sell them now is a very discouraging thing to hear and is making me question why that is.  Anyone have any insight into the matter?

Posted (edited)

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post the name but a popular place on Long Island carries black hole now. He doesn’t have the surf rods on the site yet but he does carry them. 

Edited by MikedNJ

Again, not sure if I can post the link here - but there is a tackle shop in Salem, MA that has them both on their website and in there store.

11 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post the name but a popular place on Long Island carries black hole now. He doesn’t have the surf rods on the site yet but he does carry them. 

8 mins ago, Heavyj143 said:

Again, not sure if I can post the link here - but there is a tackle shop in Salem, MA that has them both on their website and in there store.

As long as you do not paste links to web sites, I believe you can let us know the names of the shops.

JD

Ok j and H on Long Island sells blackhole .

delete if against the rules...hey I asked! 

Yea i am gonna check them out but every other shop i called on south shore and cape area said they dont carry the rods at all anymore and that made me a bit concerned that half of the dealers dont carry them now, and that maybe that was due to poor quality or something as of late.  Just took me as strange

Store names are OK.  It's the commercial links that bring the wrath of Khan down upon the doomed poster.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, paularchibald8 said:

hey guys so im in the process of looking for a new rod and was looking at ODM and Black Hole rods and wanted to see both in person, so i went to the dealers listed by Black Hole  and of the 2 i went to they only had jigging rods and i called the other dealers and most of them claimed to not sell any Black Hole rods at all.  I am curious if anyone knows why this is?  As a perspective buyer hearing half of a companies listed dealers say we dont sell them now is a very discouraging thing to hear and is making me question why that is.  Anyone have any insight into the matter?

hi paul, Tomo Tackle in i believe Salem carries Black-Hole, also Red Top B+T in Bourne carries, if you want PM me, i am up the Canal pretty regularly, i can show you...........trust me, their is NOTHING wrong with Black-Hole Surf rods, BH is very new to the Surf scene, many tackle shop don't know of BH's Surf rods,just so you know one of the BIGGEST Striper's caught last summer at the Canal was caught on a Black- Hole rod....

Edited by lureman

appreciate the advice, didnt mean to say that the company is bad i am just surprised all their dealers dont claim to "deal" any rods from them.  Going to tomo tomorrow to check them out as Redtop only had 2 rods in the store to look at neither of the ones i was interested in. 

6 hours ago, paularchibald8 said:

appreciate the advice, didnt mean to say that the company is bad i am just surprised all their dealers dont claim to "deal" any rods from them.  Going to tomo tomorrow to check them out as Redtop only had 2 rods in the store to look at neither of the ones i was interested in. 

I think everyone is sold out. It’s not a quality issue it’s inventory issues at these places 

11 hours ago, jjdbike said:

As long as you do not paste links to web sites, I believe you can let us know the names of the shops.

JD

Tomo’s Tackle is a Black Hole dealer. From what I saw they have all available surf rods and some popping and jigging rods.

43 mins ago, Heavyj143 said:

Tomo’s Tackle is a Black Hole dealer. From what I saw they have all available surf rods and some popping and jigging rods.

That place is awesome just grabbed a slingshot there

17 hours ago, paularchibald8 said:

Did you hear any single angler says bad review of Black Hole USA rods after they use them?  Tackle shop is making money by buying and selling.They don't want to carry if rods don't sell immediately. Black Hole rods are new and many tackke shop don' want to carry because they are afraid not to sell them immediately.

Tomo is not a big shop. But Tomo knows the quality of our Black Hole rods as he actually use them.

More tackle shop will carry our Black Hole rods as anglers start to love the Black Hole rods.

Went to Tomo and wished i had done it first, owner was super nice and very informed on his products helped me decide what i wanted and was even kind enough to give me a small discount .  Now the proud owner of a ODM Frontier X!!! Thank you all for your advice and help!