Icast 2018 Live Reports

Rate this topic

The Riddler

So who is there?  There's is a new kayak being talked about there. Anyone with a cam can you get some photos?  I have interest in seeing underneath "the drivewell". It looks like a Hobie drive because it is an older Hobie Drive. The well looks interesting. Just trying to see if, "The Drivewell" is one or two piece?  Maybe the rep will take the well out from the screws?  Any help would be appreciated.

pelicankayak.png

Gunna walk the floor tomorrow and can ask for you if you want. Just clarify what exactly I am asking on what kayak and specifically which pictures you want if so. I am clueless about kayaks and fishing all night then going tomorrow so need clarification or will probably screw it up wondering around half asleep 

9 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Gunna walk the floor tomorrow and can ask for you if you want. Just clarify what exactly I am asking on what kayak and specifically which pictures you want if so. I am clueless about kayaks and fishing all night then going tomorrow so need clarification or will probably screw it up wondering around half asleep 

Can you ask VS if/when they plan to release a leftie VSX..... it was listed in their catalog earlier this year but hadn't been released. 

15 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Thank you.  Take a picture if you can on the top of the well the drive sits in and the bottom.  We are curious how that well is mounted.   Thru bolted for one piece or were nuts used in the mold. 

6 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Thank you.  Take a picture if you can on the top of the well the drive sits in and the bottom.  We are curious how that well is mounted.   Thru bolted for one piece or were nuts used in the mold. 

Elias put up a vid a few mins ago

Looks throughbolted in that pod. 

Edited by scoobydoo

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

1 min ago, dennysnook said:

Was hard to get anyone that knew what I was talking about, but rep said it is a two peice assembly that is bolted together.

20180713_123515.thumb.jpg.c6b1bbe4f7b12e99098135d7bce90e57.jpg

20180713_123250.thumb.jpg.f281401d088691be15ac16771b4b1ad3.jpg

Thanks Denny that is what we wanted to see! I will post this in the kayak forum from the link.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Can you ask VS if/when they plan to release a leftie VSX..... it was listed in their catalog earlier this year but hadn't been released. 

Craig said the VR50 postponed the lefty release significantly. Has a few VS lefties left around but the VSX isn't coming until late 2019 in 150, 200, and 250 sizes. Asked if I could quote him on that and he said yes. Stand up guy

From that pic it looks like Pelican did use long bolts and put too halves together, rather than a molded insert into the kayak hull.  That's what we were thinking and this pic does confirm it. In the event of a stress kayak it would be the well that would get replaced, in theory. Not an entire hull which is what happens on a stress crack with Hobie. Cheaper with the well.

Thanks again for the pic.

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

From that pic it looks like Pelican did use long bolts and put too halves together, rather than a molded insert into the kayak hull.  That's what we were thinking and this pic does confirm it. In the event of a stress kayak it would be the well that would get replaced, in theory. Not an entire hull which is what happens on a stress crack with Hobie. Cheaper with the well.

Thanks again for the pic.

No problem. Guess I went at the wrong time because had to get 3 different guys to read your requests so I could get the answer you were looking for. None were willing to take the screws out to look at bolt assembly from the top, so glad this sufficed.

7 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Craig said the VR50 postponed the lefty release significantly. Has a few VS lefties left around but the VSX isn't coming until late 2019 in 150, 200, and 250 sizes. Asked if I could quote him on that and he said yes. Stand up guy

Damn 10-4. Appreciate the info!