Who wants to help a touron/shoobie/benny?

Rate this topic

Tom T

Family reunion in MD at the end of the month, people are scattered around but the house we are staying in is in Pasadena, MD.  Just looking for any ideas of what might be living here and what to throw off the back deck to keep kids busy

and me from killing other family members. :)  I do believe I'll have access to the canoe. 

Also, any party boats within a reasonable drive that may not be a waste of time if a bunch of people are interested?

Thanks.

pasadena map.PNG

pasadena house 2.jpg

pasadena house.jpg

Don't know the area specifically, but if you can find some shoreline rip rap and get to it with that canoe, you can probably find some white perch.  I would also bet you can cast far enough out to get to some catfish.

Invest in some bloodworms, you'll catch something.

4 mins ago, BelAirSteve said:

Don't know the area specifically, but if you can find some shoreline rip rap and get to it with that canoe, you can probably find some white perch.  I would also bet you can cast far enough out to get to some catfish.

Invest in some bloodworms, you'll catch something.

:howdy: much appreciated

You can try a sabakki rig, cut the bottom 2 hooks off and tip with fishbites fast acting blood worms.  That's the red bag.

That's what I used the last 2 years to keep natalie busy on the boat, surf and marina.

I would say you might get into some white perch around the docks, if you can take the canoe out you could also see some largemouth, pickerel  and catfish farther up the creek. Small jigs and maybe some topwater poppers.

A few miles to the north of you is Ft. Smallwood Park which can also produce perch, catfish and sometimes stripers. Area is not very deep so I would stick to cut bait.(bunker, bloodworms)

Do not know much about charters in the area so not any help there.

Quickcord

Tommy, you be in my hood.

I am a few miles from your rental.

Fishing wise, Perch, schoolies  and maybe a stray Red Drum might be about all you get into without a boat.

No charters, or party boats closer than an hour or so away in Chesapeake Beach that I would recommend.

Enjoy your stay, it is nice and quiet there.

Couple of good crab houses near by, Mike's crabhouse north, and Cheshire crab house are nice waterfront joints for a dozen or two.

PM me any other questions.

Edited by dena

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:15 AM, Tom T said:

Thanks dena,

We'll be at Cheshire crab house for a planned (big) family meal.  Appreciate the info :th: 

If you need a break, I'm about 1:45 away!

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter