Stonesipher

If this is true

53 posts in this topic

If this is true, should a sitting president be able to nominate someone who might decide and / or oversee any legal charges to said president until he or she is cleared of any and all charges? You all know my feelings on Trump but when I saw this it made me pause and question the larger issue here.

Our form of government IS strong enough to survive this type of accusation. Just look no further than Nixon and Clinton for proof. :rav:

cripple the govt.png

Posted (edited)

And what if the votes 8-1 against?  Your point is moot. 

I assume you are watching MSNBC right now. This is exactly what is being discussed.

amazingly no one came to my conclusion

Edited by Markushook

Stoney, you're a little slow on your talking points, Brian covered this yesterday.

You should complain to your provider.

In full context, he also said if the accusations were "dastardly" then there is impeachment.  I assume, charges, indictment and trial would follow?  Then again, Ford pardoned Nixon so there isn't a precedent.   I also assume "impeachment" would cripple the government as well.  

My only question about the process would be disclosure. Do the American people informed of the pending charges? So long as that was addressed and either congress can impeach or the people can vote them out, I don’t want the President focusing on much beyond the issues of the office.

Wouldn't it be the same no matter who he picked?

At this point, what difference does it make?

Done deal, good deal. 

7 mins ago, Markushook said:

And what if the votes 8-1 against?  Your point is moot. 

I assume you are watching MSNBC right now. This is exactly what is being discussed.

amazingly no one came to my conclusion

You know the definition of assume I'm sure.

I virtually NEVER watch MSNBC and my point is not moot. Selecting one more person who thinks like you or supports a like view point is just stacking the deck a little in your favor and in this case it could be money in the bank.  Not moot at all. Your conclusion does not fly because without the new guy it might be 1 less vote for his point that's all. Should it be 4-5 or 8-1 there is still one extra to lean on.

2 mins ago, Buckscorider said:

Wouldn't it be the same no matter who he picked?

At this point, what difference does it make?

Done deal, good deal. 

Well the difference in this case is that he has already offered his opinion in what might transpire soon.

2 mins ago, J said:

Tough break Dems, get used to it...... 

Oh how the worm would turn if this was on the other foot J and you know it. By the way it is a hypothetical question not specifically aimed at your Prince.

3 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Oh how the worm would turn if this was on the other foot J and you know it. By the way it is a hypothetical question not specifically aimed at your Prince.

Fixed it for you.

News flash, it isn't and I'm laughing my ass off at these Leftist attempts to manufacture "what ifs" in a pathetic  hope to assuage hurt feelings. 

Howl at the moon... you might feel better. 

Sheesh.  Fine, dump this guy and give us the Catholic chick.  Happy now?

Since he's Trump's nominee, and his position is known, it sure sounds like it'd be a recusal situation to me.