IsmailG

Costa Rica surf casting

18 posts in this topic

Playa grande.  Near tamarindo. Great place!  But don’t forget to check out other awesome Places in Costa Rica not fishing related.  Like tabacon springs, monteverde, arenal, tortuguerro, etc.  one of my favorite places to go... 

Osa Peninsula looks like where I'm going to focus my search on a place to stay. Can't get over how incredible the place looks.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, IsmailG said:

Osa Peninsula looks like where I'm going to focus my search on a place to stay. Can't get over how incredible the place looks.

My wife and I stayed a Crocodile Bay fishing lodge couple years ago. Wife and I I have been blessed and traveled a tremendous amount over the past 10 years, this was our favorite trip. The tours in the rainforest, the offshore and inshore boat fishing trips, monkey watching tours, coming face-to-face with a fer-de-lance snake and multiple other poisonous snakes and dart frogs, and the food all amazing. if you can get as close 2 the southern beaches of the OSA peninsula surf casting can be great for roosterfish. One cool thing that I remember is live lining Blue Runner on a boat just past the breaking waves so about 30 yards from shore and hammering rooster fish after rooster fish after roosterfish. I felt like I wanted to swim to shore with a surf rod and start casting poppers and swimmers from Shore.

Edited by Fishy4335