Old Orchard Beach, Maine

Rate this topic

On 7/9/2018 at 6:57 PM, Jighead75 said:

I am heading up to Old Orchard Beach, Maine in two weeks.  Was wondering can you catch stripe bass from Orchard Beach?  I am from Massachusetts and will be my first time fishing at Old Orchard Beach.  Will my Massachusetts salt water license cover Maine saltwater license or do I have to purchase a Maine license for salt water fishing?  Will Cape Cod plugs and tins work or should I use cut bait?  Any info/locations of the area would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I am headed there to fish next week. Did you have any luck? 

It will be nice to get away from the madness. 

troll #122  <*)))<

22 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I am headed there to fish next week. Did you have any luck? 

It will be nice to get away from the madness. 

Yes go to Pine Point Beach Park at Town Beach parking lot.  Good bath house to spend time.  If you arrive before 9:00 AM free parking.  Walk to beach, head North or left, go to brake water jetty.  Beach is off King St. & Ave 5.  Eat at the Rising Tide in back.  Good food, lobster boats unload at the dock - 5 stars.

1 min ago, Jighead75 said:

Yes go to Pine Point Beach Park at Town Beach parking lot.  Good bath house to spend time.  If you arrive before 9:00 AM free parking.  Walk to beach, head North or left, go to brake water jetty.  Beach is off King St. & Ave 5.  Eat at the Rising Tide in back.  Good food, lobster boats unload at the dock - 5 stars.

Will do thanks buddy, was good to meet you saturday. I forgot to write your # down text me and maybe we'll catch a tide. 

troll #122  <*)))<

• 4 weeks later...

How is it at Old Orchard after Labor Day ? Wife wants to go away 4-8 th  . The restaurants and attractions close down or stay open until  Columbus  Day ?

Leaving in a couple of hours to go to Oxford Maine for the 250 so won't be able to check replies till Monday . Thanks in advance and any good food spots would be a plus.

We have a place to stay and my boat is in a slip in Rhode Island but lets go somewhere else :banghd:

Top Drawer Sport fishing " We Put Everything Into It "

2 hours ago, whitey said:

How is it at Old Orchard after Labor Day ? Wife wants to go away 4-8 th  . The restaurants and attractions close down or stay open until  Columbus  Day ?

Leaving in a couple of hours to go to Oxford Maine for the 250 so won't be able to check replies till Monday . Thanks in advance and any good food spots would be a plus.

We have a place to stay and my boat is in a slip in Rhode Island but lets go somewhere else :banghd:

OOB is perfect that time of year. Most of the tourists are gone and most businesses are definitely still open. The weather up here in September is usually still very warm and summer like. The striper fishing can be very good as well. 

2 hours ago, Nbourque said:

Has anyone been off OOB lately? Seaweed? How’s the fishin?

Not sure about OOB but on the Scarborough side there was red algae across much of the beach and in the water. It was real thick as of last night, but they should have cleaned whatever had washed up early this morning.

I'd bet it appears elsewhere in Saco Bay too, not sure what to expect though.

1 hour ago, MichiMainah said:

I live near pine point, was down there last night for sunset and the red “stuff” was back and littered all over the beach :(

1 hour ago, mljacob1 said:

Not sure about OOB but on the Scarborough side there was red algae across much of the beach and in the water. It was real thick as of last night, but they should have cleaned whatever had washed up early this morning.

I'd bet it appears elsewhere in Saco Bay too, not sure what to expect though.

Thanks for the info guys

Fished for a few hours on OOB this past week one night, my buddies have fished it here and there as well, didnt even get a bite. Been a slow year from one end of the beach to the other most of the season save for a few days here and there, most of the big fish I’ve seen/heard of have come on the morning highs........it’s almost September and I don’t have a keeper yet, first time in many many many years if I don’t break that funk here in the next 3 weeks to a month

Hi all, salt water fly fishing stripper advice please.  it’s september 2nd and in pine point for the week. 

Anyone have thoughts on best bets for hunting down some strippers in the area? Thinking by getting to accessible areas by car/foot. 

Had and good luck up on the river in Belfast last August. But that’s a little far away

Any thoughts Appreciated. 

Visiting with my 8 weight from Arkansas 

feels like heaven here!