Aftermarket T-Tops

Rate this topic

I have never came across a good adj one. They all flex when hitting waves.which give you all these extra noises and stress on the boat. I have seen them flex so bad they throw rods, nets, gear from them.You need fixed mounting points to both cc and floor.more the better . Spend the extra money and do it once and right.

Yes It will do one thing .give shad

Edited by 757saltwater

Personally I think every one of the universal T-top in a box T-tops are an abomination.  They all look like crap.  I'd put a good Bimini top on my boat long before I'd put one of those ugly hunks of junk on it.  If you want a T-top on your boat get a local fabricator to design and build you one that is built to last and built to match the lines of your boat.  Nothing makes a boat look crappier than a terrible looking T-top that doesn't match the lines of the boat.

Friends don't let friends do this to their boats:

Eevelle%20T-Top%20and%20Hard%20Top%20Boa

2e4c16ab9914b46546d8d9fcc728388e--southe

55436-5.jpg

Edited by mako capt

We got rid of the canvas when it went and had a fiberglass top made.  Was only like $400 more then new canvas.  Best idea ever.  Just gotta make sure you drill drain holes in the tubing so it doesnt freeze and blow the frame apart.

I have a fishmaster and I think it is strong and doesn’t flex, the folding is a distinct advantage for me for storage ( using a good non custom cover vs a big bucks cover for a t top. ) and a long haul such as a nj to fla trip. Go on their site and you’ll probably see a picture of most particular boats w/ the t top.

• 2 months later...

I have an adjustable aftermarket T-Top on my center console. Loved the look when I bought the boat used. Not very sturdy and am going to replace it with a custom welded aluminum one this off season.Will cost me about 40% more than the one in a box, but have decided to bite the bullet.

I have the stryker.  Their customer service is terrible, the delivery time was terrible.  I have had to add braces to keep it from shaking itself loose (it still moves quite a bit). The aluminum is all pitted now (five years later) and can't be shined up. I would look at other options if I had to do it again.  Oh, and it looks goofy on my 18' Maritime Skiff.