Bdawk2020

New Pedal kayak from Pelican?

267 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Santiago II said:

Trade off vs price.

And at least its part of the official warranty. Not the fly-by-night Hobie stuff. 

Dennysnook is at Icast and took this photo for us. To me, this confirms what appears to be a two piece "well" or "cassette" with a bottom plate and bolts to secure the two halves together. For right now it doesn't appear they used insert nuts to attach, it appears to be long bolts with a slot underneath to put a socket up there.

pelican.JPG

pelicanII.jpg

Anyone heard of Riot Kayaks? They have a new pedal drive kayak. Still wide, but the bow has a shape designed for surf launch. Pedal drive has plastic gears and supposedly drains out any water. The 14 foot version may be interesting. The pedal drive apparently can be used on other kayaks as well that have an open drive well. Apparently cheaper than the pelican.

4 mins ago, Bdawk2020 said:

Anyone heard of Riot Kayaks? They have a new pedal drive kayak. Still wide, but the bow has a shape designed for surf launch. Pedal drive has plastic gears and supposedly drains out any water. The 14 foot version may be interesting. The pedal drive apparently can be used on other kayaks as well that have an open drive well. Apparently cheaper than the pelican.

Those have me intrigued, and their 10 is 36 wide, 12 is 34, so maybe the 13 will be 32?they dont seem to be designed as a "stand up" kayak to me

1 hour ago, Bdawk2020 said:

hahah...we need to start a thread on this.

23 hours ago, Bdawk2020 said:

Anyone heard of Riot Kayaks? They have a new pedal drive kayak. 

I posted the video of it in this thread the other day. Page 17.

On 7/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, Baitbucket said:

If you dont know then why point it out lol... Especially when the King (Hobie) doesnt enforce it? You honestly think Pelican will come back and say "sorry you added a rod holder, that voids your warranty" ?? Give me break Barrell. You post alot of very useful information, but your glaring bias towards hobie products is nauseating at times..

Where does it state that in the posted kayak warranty?

I guess you could say your anti-Hobie bias is sickeningly evident. 

5 hours ago, Awdiwo said:

I guess you could say your anti-Hobie bias is sickeningly evident. 

I actually have owned 2, as I sell them after the 2 year warranty expires so im not stuck having to pay for a defect out of pocket. I got sick of having to buy and rig a kayak every other season to stay in warranty.

Edited by Baitbucket