The NBA does it suck even more now

Rate this topic

captahab416

@jettyjockey18 Even taking the recent injury into consideration they still have one of the best bigs in the NBA when healthy. Plus they have the luxury of easing him back in. I'm sure he realizes he'll have a reduced role with all that firepower. For a 1 year ~5 million contract its more than worth the risk.

Only team that could compete with them is the Celtics if they somehow acquired Anthony Davis along with a healthy Irving and Hayward. 

7 hours ago, captahab416 said:

@jettyjockey18 Even taking the recent injury into consideration they still have one of the best bigs in the NBA when healthy. Plus they have the luxury of easing him back in. I'm sure he realizes he'll have a reduced role with all that firepower. For a 1 year ~5 million contract its more than worth the risk.

Only team that could compete with them is the Celtics if they somehow acquired Anthony Davis along with a healthy Irving and Hayward. 

i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just surprised by all the bellyaching being reported across the NBA...literally almost any team could've signed him if they wanted to, the fact that Cousins had to personally call the Warriors GM to get a deal I find very telling...

54 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just surprised by all the bellyaching being reported across the NBA...literally almost any team could've signed him if they wanted to, the fact that Cousins had to personally call the Warriors GM to get a deal I find very telling...

Don't really follow NBA much, but local sports guys mentioned that his team did better after he got hurt... How good can be be?

Boogie Cousins is on par as a team killer much like Dwight Howard.   I hope he's successful in that respect, may he burn down Golden State like the destruction of civilized Rome way back in the day.  Good riddance!   

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

15 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

How many guys on here complaining about the success of the Warriors are die hard Pats Fans?????

Show of hands guys!

I bet no one would be complaining on here if the Celtics were having the success that the Warriors have been having. :D

I would. But, I’m a Sixers fan

3 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

How many guys on here complaining about the success of the Warriors are die hard Pats Fans?????

Show of hands guys!

I bet no one would be complaining on here if the Celtics were having the success that the Warriors have been having. :D

Guilty as charged! However I have much more respect for GM's in the NFL as compared to the NBA in regards to team management and how difficult it is to build a successful franchise in the NFL with the salary cap restrictions. What the Patriots have accomplished no other team will ever be able to duplicate with the current cap restrictions. With that said I actually like the Warriors I just don't respect how NBA athletes come together to form these super teams. The NBA was the best in the back in the day (80s earlys 90s) when you had guys going at each others throats night in and night out to be the best. The competition then was unparalleled and it made for a compelling league. Guys used to want to beat each other, now they just say fack it and join forces to win a championship. 

56 mins ago, captahab416 said:

Guilty as charged! However I have much more respect for GM's in the NFL as compared to the NBA in regards to team management and how difficult it is to build a successful franchise in the NFL with the salary cap restrictions. What the Patriots have accomplished no other team will ever be able to duplicate with the current cap restrictions. With that said I actually like the Warriors I just don't respect how NBA athletes come together to form these super teams. The NBA was the best in the back in the day (80s earlys 90s) when you had guys going at each others throats night in and night out to be the best. The competition then was unparalleled and it made for a compelling league. Guys used to want to beat each other, now they just say fack it and join forces to win a championship. 

MLB is even worse then the NBA if you want to bring up the evils of salary cap you either have the money or you don't. Ad, if you don't have the money, you suck like the Pirates.

I don't mind NBA players banding together, sort of reminds me of the good old days of pick up games where you and your most athletic buddies got together to crush your neighborhood rivals. I could see how this would upset some NBA fans though, because you end up having a league made of players loyal to each other in their endeavor to win rather then loyal to the teams, cities, or fans.

The patriots have been able to accomplish what they have done because of the organized structure and game play style of BB. Belichick has only been able to accomplish his feats due to the complete support and lack of interference of his owner. I think owners would do well to imitate Kraft if they ever hope to have the success that the Pats have had. Being able to win with a mix mash of players and a QB with little true physical prowess requires a strict adherence to the game plan and players that have their egos checked.

tale wagging the dog with super teams & owners

when it comes to watching  the NBA...I see lack of team defense, I see a lot of travels and carries (holding the ball against the hip), I some players built like running backs running thru the Paint with no charging or offensive fouls called...

Call me old school other than maybe Steff Curry I would rather watch an old highlight film of Bird, Pistol Pete.....Not this goon squad called basketball today.