Mainiac

Bluefish !

57 posts in this topic

I was right in the thick of a large school of pogies this morning but didn't see any sign of bluefish.

The bass were raising holy heck with them though.

I was bitten off twice two weeks ago, and I did see a small one landed across from me, hope that helps man, lol...

1 hour ago, 7 Rivers said:

I was bitten off twice two weeks ago, and I did see a small one landed across from me, hope that helps man, lol...

Sweet! Not sweet if you lost some some good plugs

5 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

Sweet! Not sweet if you lost some some good plugs

thought we were going to get them early, they are around...

On 7/8/2018 at 1:09 PM, 7 Rivers said:

That must have hurt like h3ll!!!

Posted (edited)

Buddy of mine got a Bluefish the other day, small and surprisingly thin, hope his big brothers show up!

Edited by stripedbassking

14 hours ago, stripedbassking said:

Buddy of mine got a Bluefish the other day, small and surprisingly thin, hope his big brothers show up!

Please be careful of the spot burns !!!

5 hours ago, Mousam said:

Please be careful of the spot burns !!!

I didn’t mention anything about where, it was much further North of me, I don’t spot burn

On 7/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, fishoninct said:

Not many in Long Island sound this year...

Jack dick in LIS.  I caught a taylor blue bouncing bottom for fluke a couple weeks back.  We had that nice push of finning bluefish in early June but haven't heard of any events since.  Bunker schools should not be so peaceful....

23 hours ago, toight_like_a_tiger said:

Jack dick in LIS.  I caught a taylor blue bouncing bottom for fluke a couple weeks back.  We had that nice push of finning bluefish in early June but haven't heard of any events since.  Bunker schools should not be so peaceful....

Maybe we should think about the FACT that we don’t know if the bunker should be peaceful or not !!!

They are an important piece of our fishery !!! Guys let’s STOP being selfish and try to remember younger generations might want to have a chance to enjoy the waters too !!! 

3 hours ago, Mousam said:

Maybe we should think about the FACT that we don’t know if the bunker should be peaceful or not !!!

They are an important piece of our fishery !!! Guys let’s STOP being selfish and try to remember younger generations might want to have a chance to enjoy the waters too !!! 

Lol you completely misunderstood my comment and took it out of context.  Yes they are central to our fishery.  The thread topic is about bluefish.  If bluefish are around they will turn a bunker school into a bloodbath.  I remember growing up there were years we couldn't even get a bunker out of a school and into a boat.  Some days we wouldn't even leave the harbor because you could snag and drop 15# blues until your heart was content and your forearms were ready to fall off.  Much different fishery then Maine, was just commenting that if they aren't thick in Long Island Sound like they have been historically, something is up!