New Cooler/Rod Rack

Joe AC2RE

BOBBY ROCK'S COOLER RACK

Consists of - 125 Yetti, 16 Gallon Live Well with Pump,  Movable Cutting Boards,  Hot Water for Hand Washing,   Locking Knife Box,  Bucket with Cast Net.

A Few Sinkers and Lures are kept in the Bait Tray Inside the Yetti or the Knife Box.  1000 GPH Rule Live Well Pump Plugs into a Switched Perko Bulkhead Receptacle Mounted in the Bumper and Connected to a Third Battery.  The Truck is a Diesel, Naturally.

Supports are  Two  1 1/2" Dia Solid Steel Rods Hidden inside the 2" Aluminum Tubing Support Rails under the Rack.  The Support Rods are Welded into Two Bored 2" Square Stock Pieces.  The Whole Assembly Mounts into Two Reese Hitches on a Frame Bolted and Welded to the Truck Frame.  24 Years and not a wrinkle!

My "Truck Fishing Setup" is Designed to Keep All Fishing Related "Stuff" on the Front of the Truck.  I Only go to the Back of the Truck to Re-Rig

or Change Equipment.  

The Rod Tubes on the Rack are Used For Bait Rigging or as Sandspikes should I Fish a Second Rod From the Truck at the Same Time.

I Do Not Normally Believe in Sandspikes.  I Believe in Holding One's Rod in One's Hands. I Certainly Do Not Believe in Sitting in a Chair!

This Setup allows me to move up and down the Beach Quickly while Looking for Fish.  I Typically Fish more Remote Places that Allow Me to use the Truck this way.  

When Fishing Crowded Spots, the Concentration of "Everything Up Front" Really Shines.  I Can Lock My Truck and work out of the Cooler Rack All Night Long.

I Hope Some of this Info Helps Folks Interested in Building A Large Front Mounted Cooler Racks.

DSCN0438.JPG

DSCN0443.JPG

• 1 month later...