Danny1199

July 2018 Fishing Reports

264 posts in this topic

37 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Was nice to get out front Moco with the family early morning until noon. My 12 year has been begging me to target the "trash" species or the ones people don't like to catch he says. So what else better than to target sharks and rays. No sharks but dog fish, skates, and some pretty big cownose rays. I really practiced my son's ability to land a fish with a lot of pressure and drag control for when he does have that moment on some trophy fish. Was a great time for all of us. Not once was I as disgusted as some people are with these creatures. So I had to work my rod, reel, and arm, and oh yeah my back haha. Kids loved it and made my day. ... there are small snappers in the wash and good number of bugs in the wash I was using as bait. Had fluke up to 16" on bucktail and huge sea robin's made there point at low tide. Wave action got good on the late incoming.

20180720_182729.jpg

There it is.. . F-in great man

Fished some jetties at the southern end of the state and landed a couple of short flounder this morning.  Wind was picking up and surf was rough. Heading back out in the rain shortly. 

Was out this morning knowing what to expect with the strong east winds and current but what I didn't expect to see was a huge amount of garbage on the shore and water. So disgusting man. World needs to wake up and see this crap. It's as if a barge dumped right off of Jersey and it blew in. Pretty sad day turned around and went home. Made a few phone calls to see what's happening. Actually found out that they told people to get out of the water yesterday there was so much trash.

Being part of the solution, some of the guys at Sandy Hook are bringing poly bags and removing some of the big pieces left by our peers.

Sandy hook is a garbage dump! Carry in carry out? Yeah right... people in jersey don’t give a sh*t ...

i guess I have to bring a garbage bag every time I fish from now on... I digress...

fishing report... out front OC.. 5-7am

cow nose spooled me

they were busting on bait... 

water stained... 

East wind pushed the water temp up even more this morning along with lots of sea grass.  Water was looking a lot more fishy then it turned out to be.  Found one 20 incher on the white swimmer.  Tried getting the bugs out a few times, but east wind was not going to let that happen.  Wind was kicking up a bit more as I was leaving, and with the forecast of gale force winds this evening, it may be shut down for a couple days.  Nice sunrise before the storm this morning.

July 21, 2018  20 inches.JPG

July 21, 2018.JPG

I always try to carry something out when I fish.  It feels like trying to shovel crap with a fork, though.