Shipwreck

Abolish I.C.E. ? Do you want to lose

16 posts in this topic

I wonder just how disconnected the libs can get.  It never seems to stop.

Abolish Ice?  Are you kidding me?

Your virtue signaling liberal elites and DNC swamp things will attempt to convince us that this is an actual movement.

The rest of the country is watching in horror.  They are quiet, they dont go to protests, they dont post on Twitter.  But they will vote.  They love their country and the rule of law.  Add the religious right waking up to a shot at a conservative court and you have a silent, but deadly, voting block.

Keep it up guys!  :th:

When i first heard of lefties new talking point to abolish ice .. I figured it was fringe talking points. The hardcore antifa wing or something, but  this is coming from leaders in the party like Kamala Harris.  Future presidential nominees.

That's hilarious.  Democrat party is a mess

It's like they are purposefully trying to kill their own party. :banghd:

These are the same people that would have been stars by now if HRC had won.

If nothing else than that, thank you Donald Trump.

By Associated Press

1:15 PM EDT

(WASHINGTON) — Democrats in Congress are introducing legislation to abolish the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency.

The bill from Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan, a Democratic leader of the progressive caucus, would give Congress a year to develop a more “humane immigration enforcement system” and terminate ICE.

Key House Democrats are putting forward the legislation after public outcry over ICE immigration raids. ICE is conducting raids as part of Donald Trump’s crackdown on those living in the country illegally.

Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan calls it “the craziest position” he’s ever seen. He told reporters that Democrats are now so far left of the American mainstream, they “have really jumped the sharks.”

He says the bill is why he feels “very good” about the GOP’s chances in the fall election.

ICE should start tweeting how they hate Trump.

Democrats will eat the corn out of ICEys ****.

Our former r(e)(t)arded state of RI, actually passed a bill that if DJT didn't produce his tax returms, he won't be on the ballot.

"I also predict, you're whining will be legendary, even by Lib standards."

Got to love the liberal mind , I mean why would you catch and convict criminals . And before you softies reply what would you say if every person who caught / kept a short fish got fined and convicted ? A crime is a crime .

SOL Democrats/Liberals/Progressives - If ICE is abolished, who picks up the slack on all the other things ICE is charged with?

Will local law enforcement, the FBI, or another Federal agency deal with the terrorists, guns, money, drugs, counterfeit goods, trafficked humans etc.?

https://www.ice.gov/overview

Talk is cheap and legislative votes can have consequences - What happens when Dems' threats are called out? They run for the cloakroom when their bluff is called. 

Dems who drafted bill to abolish ICE now say they'll vote against it

Paulina DedajJuly 12, 2018

Democrats who drafted a bill to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement [ICE] suddenly announced Thursday night that they would vote against it if the legislation went to the floor, after House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Fox News he intended to call their bluff.

"We know Speaker [Paul] Ryan is not serious about passing our 'Establishing a Humane Immigration Enforcement System Act,' so members of Congress, advocacy groups, and impacted communities will not engage in this political stunt," Reps. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin, Pramila Jayapal of Washington and Adriano Espaillat of New York told The Hill and other news outlets. "If Speaker Ryan puts our bill on the floor, we plan to vote no and will instead use the opportunity to force an urgently needed and long-overdue conversation on the House floor."

McCarthy, R-Calif., said earlier Thursday he would place a bill to abolish ICE on the House floor later this month.

Democrats have long pushed back on the administration’s immigration policies but tensions have escalated in the past month over family separations at the border. Calls from some far-left lawmakers to abolish ICE have grown ahead of the November elections.......

As analysts point out, if Democrats vote against the proposal and kill it, it undermines their word. If they earn enough "yes" votes, Republicans could turn the issue and tie all Democrats to the crisis at the border.  

Perhaps sensing trouble ahead of the primaries, Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of California have called instead for the agency to be restructured.

The Dems have given plenty of election commercial material to the Republicans ..............let's hope they use it !!

This is why I will not put a TRUMP sticker on my vehicles.

There are a lot of very unhinged people I really do not want to talk to or have damaging my ride!

Common sense and  dems never in the same room

1 hour ago, yogiiiboy said:

The Dems have given plenty of election commercial material to the Republicans ..............let's hope they use it !!

You have that right Yogi.

The majority of Democrats just voted to officially authorize ICE and its mission only about a year ago and now they want to abolish it.

Plenty of political commercial and comical materials there.  

They were for it before they were against it.

The Dems have gone full on stupid.

I hope Ryan does bring the bill to the floor so we can watch the Democrats climbing all over each other trying to figure out what to do.

Edited by Jay Blair