Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Letsgofishing0727

Penn slammer 3 discoloration warranty

9 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Letsgofishing0727 said:

I have a slammer 3 that has lost some color no clue why.

I cannot find the receipt so I'm curious if I'm screwed on a warranty.

20180526_094726.jpg

All the way around the rotor or just this spot?

Tony will be in touch on Monday...we’ll cover this assuming there was no neglect. Looks like it was sprayed with some kinda chemical or something? We’re going to need some details on how this happened....

Posted (edited)

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, Letsgofishing0727 said:

I have a slammer 3 that has lost some color no clue why.

I cannot find the receipt so I'm curious if I'm screwed on a warranty.

If you strip your line off and send the spool in we will replace the spool.  What were you using to clean the reel?

tony

Edited by PENN Fishing

On 7/2/2018 at 9:37 AM, PENN Fishing said:

If you strip your line off and send the spool in we will replace the spool.  What were you using to clean the reel?

tony

Tony it's always been cleaned with a 60/40 mix of warm water and dawn dish soap.

About a month ago I had a medical issue and was in the hospital so I cannot say with 100% certainty that a friend didn't use them and clean them with something else.

Can you message me where I need to send it to and do I need to mention this post?

interested if your friend did clean it with something else. Corrosion X or Reel Magic are safe to use from my experiences I'd avoid dish soap. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:52 AM, Letsgofishing0727 said:

Tony it's always been cleaned with a 60/40 mix of warm water and dawn dish soap.

About a month ago I had a medical issue and was in the hospital so I cannot say with 100% certainty that a friend didn't use them and clean them with something else.

Can you message me where I need to send it to and do I need to mention this post?

If you could get more info on if he used anything that would be great, if it looked fine the entire time you had it then started fading as soon as your friend used the reels my guess is it was exposed to something.  Dish soap is fine.  Send the spool to my Attn:

PENN FISHING TACKLE

ATTN TONY D

3028 WEST HUNTING PARK AVE

PHILA PA 19132

tony

On 7/10/2018 at 0:07 PM, PENN Fishing said:

If you could get more info on if he used anything that would be great, if it looked fine the entire time you had it then started fading as soon as your friend used the reels my guess is it was exposed to something.  Dish soap is fine.  Send the spool to my Attn:

PENN FISHING TACKLE

ATTN TONY D

3028 WEST HUNTING PARK AVE

PHILA PA 19132

tony

Tony It was sent out today. Also I cannot confirm whether or not he cleaned them with something other than what I use.