Viper spoon rigs - looking for advice

Rate this topic

hookmeup

On 7/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Yup.... know of one firm selling these rigs for almost 16.00 each...they're so easy and cheap to make, I always wind up giving a few away to guys in my marina, they love 'em.

It is nice to be able to give a rig , plug or lure to another fishermen I have got a lot of good intel in trade we tried them this weekend down Delaware/ oc md no fish but not the rigs fought looked great in the water maybe next time for flounder my mom did pick up a nice schoolie on the spinner setup she wouldn’t hold it to get a pick but here it is overall great weekend with family4B89DD7A-1E43-4003-A5B1-613B243A3A56.thumb.jpeg.2f1904c7cfa6d63b1978f73d8b8dd357.jpeg

Nice...the rigs work best with a breeze and when a good drift is on.....add the appropriate weight on a 3 way to keep ya vertical and crank one turn to just keep it off the bottom.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

We don't use bank or drail sinkers, they snag ....I prefer cannon ball sinkers rigged to 14" of 12lb. mono on a loop knot....then a "T" swivel and 36" of 40lb. mono to the spoon.....then 4'-0 of 30lb. mono to our main line.

Drop the rig to the bottom, then crank up 1/2 to 1 turn on the reel with enough weight to keep you line vertical while drifting.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

On 7/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Yup.... know of one firm selling these rigs for almost 16.00 each...they're so easy and cheap to make, I always wind up giving a few away to guys in my marina, they love 'em.

I would love to see some pictures with fish. I tried this a few years back with disappointing results. Went back to buck-tailing

, but I thought it would really work. Maybe I didn't rig  them right

#SpinfisherBob  -  Hobie Kayak Fishing

My Home Port is :Graveling Point, Mystic Islands

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was fishin' my spoons on Sunday with whole squid....had to use 8oz. to keep'em down but we caught.....

"Gird Your Loins"