PENN Fishing

New PENN Debut - Conflict II LC

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am a bit concerned about Penn in general.... I just started to fish a Penn Torque 2 and it is supposed to be just as sealed as the original penn torque and water intruded in..... opened it up and found black grease and some rust spots..... not a happy customer

Edited by Fishy4335

They should do this to the Slammer III, I'd be all over that one.

I am very upbeat on these reels.

have been asking for smaller sizes in lc for years.

Is there any where to check them out now?

do you have approximate weights of 4000-5000-6000?

53 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

I am a bit concerned about Penn in general.... I just started to fish a Penn Torque 2 and it is supposed to be just as sealed as the original penn torque and water intruded in..... opened it up and found black grease and some rust spots..... not a happy customer

Fishy,

I am sorry for the trouble you had with your Torque II, I will send a PM shortly to get more info, thanks.

tony

1 hour ago, GoodOneSam said:

What's the pricing on the different sizes?

Starts at $199 for the 4000 size, and goes to $249 for the 8000

Ben

2 hours ago, PENN Fishing said:

Tell us more about these feelings.....seriously.

Mike

Have Two Conflict 2 4000's. first 1 was replaced by penn already, second one is only a month old, out of the box had issues with the trip of the bail.  Decent reel, not really blown away for a $170. i think the tsunami shield 4000 is night and day to the conflict 2. i think Penn missed the mark in the conflict 2. LC reel looks like an overall better design and should be mandatory for 4,000 and up. this is coming from a long time penn fisherman. 

very intrigued by both this and the spinfisher 6

Do you know the gear ratio of the conflict 2 4000 LC?

Conflict was always an odd real to me. For the money, there are plenty of other options that have fared better. Seems like this is just like the XTD long cast, albeit a bit lighter. Why not make something that can actually get wet and add an ounce or so?

Im pretty excited about both new reels. Ive always wanted a lc reel, but not in 7500 size. I would also like to see some specs to get a better understanding of these reels, weight, amount of line per test, etc. I would like to know the differences between this reel and the spinfisher 6 lc models, besides the sealing and more like the specs for spinfisher 6 lc for a comparison. I really cant find much on either reel.

I like seeing the trend of better gears in these Penns I’m also glad to see some smaller size long cast reels. I’ll check these out for

shore