JBreese1

Welcome to all ofNJ's new felons

42 posts in this topic

Well Gov. horse teeth signed 6 new anti safety bills today in NJ. Now the criminals who don't obey any laws, especially gun laws now have an even larger advantage over the law abiding citizens on our ****ed up state. I cant get out of this cesspool fast enough.

Jim

It's sad.  More feel good bull**** for the liberal snowflakes. I've dared a couple of my democratic friends to show me proof in 6 months how these laws reduced crime. Told them to use Camden, Newark, Trenton and orange as test cities. 

Told them I'd bet them a case of Blanton's.  Both are mum so far. 

So disgusted with this state. 

Cut n paste from the local Patch

NJ Gov. Phil Murphy Signs 6 Tough Gun-Control Bills Into Law

NJ Gov. Phil Murphy wants more: The new laws will probably be the most sweeping gun-control legislation that's been approved in the nation.
By Tom Davis, Patch National Staff | Jun 13, 2018 10:53 am ET | Updated Jun 13, 2018 12:09 pm ET

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy signed six of the toughest gun control bills in the nation into law on Wednesday, saying the new legislation is "common sense" and "we need to make smart policy decisions going forward."

But Murphy wants more, saying that New Jersey can only do so much because of weaker gun laws in other states that, he says, enable people to easily access guns elsewhere and bring them into the state.

Murphy called for national legislation that would curb gun trafficking to New Jersey, and do more to restrict gun vionce elsewhere. He called for people to vote in November for candidates who support "common-sense" gun legislation.

"Our laws will only be able to reach as far as our borders," Murphy said. "We need national legislation from a like-minded president.. We are proud to take this action today, but let there be no doubt, our work is far from over"

The New Jersey laws were passed by the state Legislature Thursday. The new laws will probably be the most sweeping gun-control legislation that's been approved in the nation.

"New Jersey passed sweeping gun safety legislation, including measures to expand background checks, reduce magazine capacity, and keep firearms out of the wrong hands," Murphy said.

The six new gun laws were introduced after the mass high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead Feb. 14. They received final legislative approval on Thursday and now head to the governor for his signature.

Just about all of them got complete bipartisan approval: Legislation that prohibits possession of ammunition capable of penetrating body armor, for instance, was passed 37-0 in the state Senate.

The laws also include: legislation aiming to keep guns away from those who pose threats; reducing ammunition magazine capacity; enhancing background checks; and countering efforts to weaken gun safety regulations.

Here's an overview of each measure:

Gun access for people who pose a threat of harm

The legislation, A-1181, requires firearms seizure when certain health care professionals determine patients pose a threat of harm to themselves or to others.

"For someone who may be struggling with disturbing thoughts, having access to a firearm significantly increases the likelihood of suicide," said Assemblywoman Patricia Egan Jones, D-Camden-Gloucester. "By reducing their access to a lethal weapon, New Jersey can help prevent fatalities among those with serious mental health concerns."

Gun access for people who are "mentally unstable"

The legislation, A-1217, known as the "Extreme Risk Protective Order Act of 2018," addresses gun access for people who are not mentally suitable to possess a firearm.

"We've seen too many 'what ifs' when it comes to these mass shootings, often centered around the question of why didn't somebody do something to take guns away from someone who is mentally unstable," said Assemblyman John McKeon, D-Essex-Morris. "This bill makes it easier to accomplish that goal and, ultimately, protect our communities and our children. The status quo doesn't work. We need to take new approaches that allow authorities a real chance to keep guns away from mentally unstable individuals who pose a threat to us all."

Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition

The legislation, A-2761, reduces the maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds and exempts firearms with .22 caliber tubular magazines from a 10-round limitation.

"Meeting the families of Sandy Hook was one of the most moving experiences of my 22 years of public service," said Assembly Majority Leader Lou Greenwald, D-Camden/Burlington. "For these families, the single most important piece of legislation we could fight for is lowering magazine capacity. I refuse to let these families down, to look them in the eyes and tell them we are powerless - that their loved ones were a tragic but necessary, loss. No loss to gun violence is ever necessary."

Background checks

The legislation, A-2757, requires background checks for private gun sales.

"Requiring a licensee to complete a National Instant Criminal Background Check on the recipient of the handgun, rifle or shotgun is just plain common sense," Greenwald said. "It's shocking that we don't do this already, but with this bill we fix this gaping loophole."

"Justifiable need"

The legislation, A-2758, codifies regulations that define the "justifiable need" to carry a handgun.

"New Jersey's gun safety laws are among the strongest in the nation and we must keep them that way,' Greenwald said. "Overturning these unsafe regulations has been a top priority of mine. While I commend Gov. Murphy for doing the right thing to keep our streets safe and ensure laws are enforced as intended, we need to make sure that no future governor can attempt to carelessly weaken our gun safety rules."

Body armor

The legislation, A-2759, prohibits possession of ammunition that's capable of penetrating body armor.

"As technology advances, so does the threat to our police officers who must brave criminals armed with powerful weapons," Greenwald said. "Criminalizing the use of this type of ammunition is common sense. Our officers risk their lives daily. Let's protect them."

Posted (edited)

The legislation, A-2759, prohibits possession of ammunition that's capable of penetrating body armor.

They include hollow point and dum dum bullets in this and they do it in a way that makes them illegal across the board (found a way to bury it so as not to cause outcry by all the people who reload their own target ammo ?)

What exactly do these idiots think a dum dum bullet is ?

Edited by Sudsy

New Jersey State Police will release monthly reports on gun crimes, including the offense committed, the type of gun used, number of people shot and where it happened.

Who wants to wager that after a few of these reports showing that most of it is inner city violence this part of the law is removed ?

Body armor

The legislation, A-2759, prohibits possession of ammunition that's capable of penetrating body armor

Any center fire deer round will penetrate body armor. What idiots.

drop a bomb on trenton, camden and parts of Newark and the need for all these gun laws would go away.  

35 mins ago, Sudsy said:

New Jersey State Police will release monthly reports on gun crimes, including the offense committed, the type of gun used, number of people shot and where it happened.

Who wants to wager that after a few of these reports showing that most of it is inner city violence this part of the law is removed ?

ORRRR,,,The 5oclock follies reports will end all together.  You cant change the dems goal of total confiscation,just look at Loretta Whineburg.

42 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Body armor

The legislation, A-2759, prohibits possession of ammunition that's capable of penetrating body armor

Any center fire deer round will penetrate body armor. What idiots.

That's their point.......total confiscation........they disarm us, they own us.

25 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

That's their point.......total confiscation........they disarm us, they own us.

A song comes to my mind from my hippie years.

Volunteers
Look what's happening out in the streets
Got a revolution (got to revolution)
Hey, I'm dancing down the streets
Oh, ain't it amazing all the people I meet?
One generation got old
One generation got soul
This generation got no destination to hold
Pick up the cry
Hey, now it's time for you and me
Hey, come on now we're marching to the sea
Who will take it from you, we will and who are we?
Well, we are volunteers of America (volunteers of America)
Volunteers of America (volunteers of America)
I've got a revolution
Got a revolution
Look what's happening out in the streets
Got a

A few years back I had to goto East Orange, NJ to a shop rite and photograph some products we had installed

the security guards wear Vests and Carry Glocks...... wtf