Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MakoMike

SOL Fluke fling circa 2018

9 posts in this topic

I just got back from the Dominican . Splashed the boat before i left but that was all . My brother took it out local and I'm going next week and will most likley run to Block and or all the way down to Chucktown from Watch Hill . 

If all is good I'm In . Only thing is  i mostly fish weekdays 

Can someone explain this fluke fling? What are the rules? I just got talked into fishing the fluke til ya puke thing.  Why not an SOL tournament too?

Fluke till ya puke . Your up against some stiff competition. All the charter boats are in it so they are pretty much pre fishing all week . 

You never know when your sinker hits bottom though  . Get in all the Calcutta's/side bets because they only pay for the biggest Fluke in the tourney .

We didn't catch Shat last year hope you do better . All in all it is a great tournament tip for beers so like buck a beer . Plenty of food the day of friday i think its pay food but tip beers . 

The Fluke Fling is a Shats and Giggles for fun thing . In the past it was Bragging Rights for the top boat/angler 

I got talked into fishing fluke til ya puke. Never fished it before but I figure why not. Just doing it for fun, no chance of winning. Only been out twice this year, got 2 5s and a six, but that won't even come close to a money fish. RISAA special fluke tourney starts tomorrow too and runs for 2 weeks. Not sure if anyone actually fishes that though. I'd do a for fun SOL tourney if I already planned to be out, why not.

23 hours ago, GP100 said:

Can someone explain this fluke fling? What are the rules? I just got talked into fishing the fluke til ya puke thing.  Why not an SOL tournament too?

Rules? Rules?? who needs rules? Fish with your buddies, drink beer and go out to dinner. Biggest and most fish win bragging rights.

42 mins ago, GP100 said:

I got talked into fishing fluke til ya puke. Never fished it before but I figure why not. Just doing it for fun, no chance of winning. Only been out twice this year, got 2 5s and a six, but that won't even come close to a money fish. RISAA special fluke tourney starts tomorrow too and runs for 2 weeks. Not sure if anyone actually fishes that though. I'd do a for fun SOL tourney if I already planned to be out, why not.

You never know when your rig hits bottom thats why we got in it . Cheap money and laughs is what its all about . Tossing down a Grand to the Big boy Tourney . I don't think i can compete YET . 

The Sol Tourney . Maybe this year we can give out a Feather for the Cap LOL