frazerp

Guide Wrap Backwards

26 posts in this topic

In as much as Fuji doesn't want us to 'prep' CC guide feet, I've started wrapping from the heel to the toe, seems to really help laying thread evenly from the toe to the blank.

Seems there was a similar thread about wrapping CC guides, but can't find it !!!

I have been trying it but from the toe to blank is where I have trouble,  nothing to hold the thread on the foot it falls off , where if I go from blank on to the toe the thread will hold the new wrap will stop it from falling off , any help there , ??

What does the guide finish have to do with how guide feet are wrapped?  I don't understand....  also wrapping down the foot is just plain silly.   

It i a lot better I think , you can do a trim wrap a lot easier for distance but , my wraps drop off the toe 

an it is hard to keep it on , not imposable  

I think you are correct on this one , it is a pain in the a&&, had to try it ,

I assume we are all using the same terminology & that Billy 40's 'right way' is from toe to heel.

I have no trouble with the smaller Fuji CC guides doing 5b22937bde15a_GuidePartNames.jpg.6135ab60f4ae07ca09683cb341293fcd.jpgit Billy's way,

tho much larger than 12 is a bit of a problem getting nicely up the un-prepped toe.

Maybe a trim band from the blank to the toe & then full guide wrap, leaving enough trim band !!!

I'll give it a shot ... 

17 hours ago, tbush said:

What does the guide finish have to do with how guide feet are wrapped?  I don't understand....  also wrapping down the foot is just plain silly.   

My assumption is if the finish on the guide foot is removed during prep, then it is a place for corrosion to start and negates part of the value of the CC finish.

yes just like the painted guides if you remove it you have bare metal where the expoy will crack and moisture will get trapped on the guide and rust.

wrapping down the guide foot is the wrong way of doing it, as stated practice the right way 

one NOTE  "" there is no wrong way"" , the easy's way is from toe l to heal  , an it is time spent that could be better used on some thing else , at least it is that way for me 

Mike, you know everyone gets a trophy for participating, they dont' keep score so there are no losers, and everything is the right way.

Posted (edited)

lol. thats exactly what i was thinking when i wrote that. 

its not bad to be wrong, but it is bad to think its ok cause there is no wrong way and never learn

Edited by SurffisherMike

How hard can it be??? You wrap thread up the damn guide foot just like you would if you prepped it.  The more you do it, the easier it will get to wrap an Unprepped foot

If they spent as much time practicing as they have posting on SOL, they wouldn't try to pollock wrap the guides. Or show up at a gathering and leave knowing the right way to do things and at least practice wrapping the right way. lol