Official Hat Fling 2018: Sign in Here!

Rate this topic

Great shots Gary. Thanks.

I will give a quick run down top to bottom. Some gear & tackle. The Fling spot at Sunset Beach with BBQs and food at the ready. What was left of the Merced River Smoked Trout with Caviar & Fruit platter. Scoping out some of the donated raffle goodies (thanks again everyone for their generous contributions!). Squid sausages just getting on the grill, they were good & gone. Chewing the fishing fat in the parking lot. Bacon Wrapped Winnie Tots. Checking out every ones different Rods & Reel combos they use to fish, Casting Contest Special Congrats to NorCalKat for the win and Bob Ross like vibes, Pulling out names for the Raffle & doling out prizes. Lastly contemplating where to throw a newly acquired raffle plug, hummm? 

Edited by Linesideslayer

4 hours ago, SkunkExtinction said:

Man I wish I could’ve gone! Fling is too great to miss for some measly work...

F-work Skunk-X, get your fishorities straight. Missed work because my arm was in a sling all weekend...slinging casts out beyond the breakers prior to the Fling!!!

4 hours ago, SkunkExtinction said:

Man I wish I could’ve gone! Fling is too great to miss for some measly work...

Damn work. I was hoping to see you there.

25 mins ago, Linesideslayer said:

F-work Skunk-X, get your fishorities straight. Missed work because my arm was in a sling all weekend...slinging casts out beyond the breakers prior to the Fling!!!

Sounds like you need a new light weight rod. I'll wrap you up one of those black holes for like $150-160. Then I could justify getting one for myself. :)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Came down with da weatherguy.

So much to see, So much to learn.

And so much B.S. it's hard to tell what's unreal,

but that's fishin'!

Super location and grand group of fisherman.

gonna try for the real big bass late this summer.

Never know when a white one will show.

Workin' on some gear to fool one.

Tight lines, Rich

hey i got your messages,, been busy fishing last couple days.. i hovered around the food quite a bit.. that was some of the best smoked trout i have ever had in my life...i have smoked steelhead and trout quite a few times,, the steelhead was ok but the trout not so... your trout was excellent..i almost thought it was kokanee at first... going to have to get that recipe for sure...

4 hours ago, stripercrazy said:

looks like you guys had fun 

Eddie your company was missed, but on the bright side without any East Coast reps the casting contest was championed back to a West Coast! Hope you are able to get back out here some day or vise versa I have been itchin to go out East and see what a real striper run looks like...til then Just Jerk It Eddie! haha

DSCN1529.JPG.b7d1f3d627137dab6a0461f0dfa6bc82.JPG