Am I still Blocked on SOL?>

Rate this topic

HaysWalt

On 6/13/2018 at 7:47 PM, Steve in Mass said:

Try acupuncture for the sciatica - I am quite serious. Had is last year and it was debilitating. 3 sessions with the acupuncturist over 2 weeks, and after the 1st session 75% better, and after the third, it was as if I never had it.

Was it a permanent solution?

Only after 3 visits, SiM?

On 6/14/2018 at 7:50 PM, HaysWalt said:

Is TLDigs still around- she was always fair-

She is getting ready to leave for Alaska to do some salmon guiding. That gurl lives the life!!

Hi Walt. :wave: 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I used to be a 1.5 pack a day smoker. Tried going cold turkey but I literally felt like crawling the walls. 

Doctor prescribed Wellbutrin, as my insurance would cover it if prescribed for anxiety. It's the same thing as Zyban, which is explicitly for quitting smoking. 

That stuff did the trick. I was able to stop smoking without feeling the anxiety. I've been smoke free for almost twenty years. 

I don’t know you but as far as the sciatica goes, I recently had something called a hydodissection and the Doctor told me he helped someone with bad sciatica that could not find a solution prior to him. I had a cervical fusion that didn’t go well and tried this simple in office procedure which was relatively painless.  Google the procedure .  I drove over two hours to see this Doctor and it was worth it.  Not sure where you live but his name is Dr Tortland from Glastonbury Ct.   Good Luck

You know what they say about common sense right...it ain't so common

On 6/18/2018 at 5:56 AM, MickAff said:

Was it a permanent solution?

Only after 3 visits, SiM?

Yes and Yes, at least for me. The issue for me was some soft tissue damage between the two vertebrae where the root of the sciatica nerve is.The acupuncture helps increase blood flow to that tissue and stimulates faster healing and reduces the inflammation, relieving the pressure on the nerve root. At least that is what I was told, and I can't argue with success.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174