Blackhole or Lamiglas

Rate this topic

YAKnDIVE

Looking for a light weight fluke set up

for casting from Raritan bay and jigging from the yak, so under 7’   Pairing with a stratic Ci4 2500.   

Narrowed down to the    Lami Tri flex TFX6615s or Blackhole 691UL

Anyone using either rod?

I sometimes I think less is more ... a biased opinion sometimes has a negative effect on the goal you are trying to achieve ... like selling a fishing rod. It's like when your mother boasts about what a smart boy you are or how athletic her baby boy is ... most people will just turn a deaf ear to the claims ... we all know how you feel about your products Killsong and you have shown the quality of your products to the nth degree ... but I believe the Original Poster was looking for an unbiased opinion or he would have contacted you directly for the information that you have just provided.

Don't stop ... Retrieving ...

50 mins ago, smellfish said:

I sometimes I think less is more ... a biased opinion sometimes has a negative effect on the goal you are trying to achieve ... like selling a fishing rod. It's like when your mother boasts about what a smart boy you are or how athletic her baby boy is ... most people will just turn a deaf ear to the claims ... we all know how you feel about your products Killsong and you have shown the quality of your products to the nth degree ... but I believe the Original Poster was looking for an unbiased opinion or he would have contacted you directly for the information that you have just provided.

Too Much of a good thing will make you sick!

J:wag:n

55 mins ago, smellfish said:

I know some get offended by reading post by an affiliated person. 

But on the other token, you can get the best info by rod maker himself.as I test Black Hole rod extensively and intensively. 

I fished Florida twice in last three weeks and I plan to go back to Florida in a few days just solely for testing rods.

I like to provide objective view. That is why I provide pictures and videos.

Lami has withstood the test of time to this point . . . don't believe many are offended by posts of an affiliated person.  But hard to justify such opinions as being objective.  

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I know some get offended by reading post by an affiliated person. 

But on the other token, you can get the best info by rod maker himself.as I test Black Hole rod extensively and intensively. 

I fished Florida twice in last three weeks and I plan to go back to Florida in a few days just solely for testing rods.

I like to provide objective view. That is why I provide pictures and videos.

You don't provide an objective view. You provide a bias view ........ big difference!

J:wag:n

8 mins ago, YAKnDIVE said:

I watched the videos of the blackhole rod being used off the boat.  How does it cast off the beach? I owe a few Lamis and may be partial to them but keeping an open mind for something better.   

I don't recommend 6'9" Challenger Bank 691UL to cast off the beach as the rod is too short.

You might go with 7' Black Hole Challenger Bank 701L for it.  

The 701L rods are sold out and we expect them in July. 

If you like Lamis for the shore fishing, you don't have to switch to other rods.

It is like to choose a car and everyone has different taste and preference.

Edited by ksong

i would contact billy40. ask him abiu tthe rodgeeks xcomp series. great rods, i have built myself rods on the xc732,732,733,734,734 and a number of 733 and 734's for customers. all love the rods. he also has a xc730 which i havent built yet. they are all surprisingly strong but also great to fish. he's in staten island and knows tons about fishing that are also

Instead of bitching, test out the rods for yourself and see if your opinion differs from Kil. Then you can form your own opinion on a what is a biased view or personal opinion. Kil offers a good product and does advertise them alot on here, but he isn't pushing anyone to buy them only giving his own personal opinion of what the rods can do and accomplishments of others on the rods, and letting you chose for yourself. Have seen other companies and staffers blatantly lie for a sale so am grateful that Kil has always been honest about his rods. Makes his opinion matter to me because he is the lead product tester and knows more about the lineup that everyone else