IslandSurf

Disturbing Sight Yesterday

28 posts in this topic

So I was fishing Smith's point beach yesterday around 850 pm right as the sun was going down...I was about 500 yards away from the breach with only 1 or 2 people walking in the distance..I looked to my left and there was a guy walking down the beach completely naked heading towards the breach area.I couldn't believe what I was seeing....that hasn't been a nude beach in years they passed a law making that illegal many years ago.I was disgusted and grabbed my stuff and walked back down the beach and left.I had just arrived and planned on fishing for hours but just knowing that this creep was lingering around naked in the middle of the night made me want to leave...WTF

Yup.  There's a sign at the drive-on entrance to FINS that says "Clothing Mandatory." There's a reason for it.

As you go east along FINS, there are de facto sections occupied by same-sex couples, and then by nudists. Some of them are in good enough shape so I don't mind a sideways glance at the women, but most of the nudists are advertisements for the need to wear clothing.  

Its not uncommon. Signs never stopped anyone from doing anything. I could care less. I'm more concerned with the a-holes trashing the beaches. I just focus on the water and let them do what they want.

If you had two guys like that- one on each side of you- you would never have to worry about someone mugging your spot. Plus, they'd clear a path for you as you shifted up or down the beach.

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

Its not uncommon. Signs never stopped anyone from doing anything. I could care less. I'm more concerned with the a-holes trashing the beaches. I just focus on the water and let them do what they want.

Yup! As long as they aren't too close, no problem. lol

As far a garbage, I've been bringing a small garbage bag and make it a point to fill it every time I go out.

Wow is this all it takes to clear other fisherman from a beach?  Maybe I will try it during a blitz.

Unless that nkd person is not making any advance towards me or anyone, I would consider as neutral.

I had two guys buck naked fishing on the same sandbar I was on down on one of the Keys  years back. Flipped me out a little but I wasn't giving up a bar I worked hard to get on. I just gave them a wide berth and it's actually a funny story I tell people years later.  When ya naked it's hard to hide a weapon !

On 6/11/2018 at 6:45 AM, davef said:

If you had two guys like that- one on each side of you- you would never have to worry about someone mugging your spot. Plus, they'd clear a path for you as you shifted up or down the beach.

So in other words - fish naked and never get mugged :idea:

Years ago, I walked from the SP lot to Old Inlet, about two miles each way.  The family section gave way to the Gay Couple Cuddling section, and i chatted amiably with a gay couple who were curious as to why I was there, and about the reopened Old Inlet.  They were fine. Beyond that, the Naked People section was quite different, and there was one woman who did everything she could to march me out; intercepting me as I walked, and matching me stride for stride for half a mile.  I don't think they liked having a clothed person in their midst .... but I was going to the Inlet, so there.  Picked my largest bluefish of that year, too, about 18 lbs.