7 Rivers

Another new low...............

54 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Yep. Lots of belly aching about an urban fishing spot. Been trash and googans there as long as I can remember. Development has brought high visibility. If you don't fish it why complain about it. If you do you won't find it very crowded at 3 AM. All spots in that general locale are full of trash and idiots. Good luck 'fixing' it. 

All I know is that flaming a fairly high profile tackle shop on national fishing site as significant as SOL over such a ridiculous, trivial matter is a scummy, bitch-ass move.

Fortunately I’m thinking the click volume in this room is pretty low.

:dismay:

8 hours ago, GooganFish said:

I didn't know about that spot but now I do. I'm going to get in my truck and drive 3 hours to go fish that it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up 7 Rivers.

You can stop at the Canal on the way. :shaky:

1 hour ago, Wigeon said:

All I know is that flaming a fairly high profile tackle shop on national fishing site as significant as SOL over such a ridiculous, trivial matter is a scummy, bitch-ass move.

Fortunately I’m thinking the click volume in this room is pretty low.

:dismay:

Agreed. Trashing a tackle shop in addition to the effing whining is the icing on the a$$ cake.

3 hours ago, Theflyguy said:

Well if you need a lesson hit me up lol. I actually enjoy helping people get into fish and teaching them how to properly handle fishD20A99D8-3C98-4ED0-AC26-14028AC46594.thumb.jpeg.be6d0d87eba51e0040c2825c45d7b558.jpegone from today tight lines all

nice.. what reel is that?

3 hours ago, Theflyguy said:

Well if you need a lesson hit me up lol. I actually enjoy helping people get into fish and teaching them how to properly handle fishD20A99D8-3C98-4ED0-AC26-14028AC46594.thumb.jpeg.be6d0d87eba51e0040c2825c45d7b558.jpegone from today tight lines all

OMG spot burn my fav spot the water and your giving up the fly. lolI know how to fish. **** I probably catch more sizable fish then a lot of people here. WOW! no wonder your worked up. Dido what Doddle said.

10 hours ago, Theflyguy said:

I know how to fish. **** I probably catch more sizable fish then a lot of people here.

10 hours ago, makomakoman said:

nice.. what reel is that?

It’s a galvin torque t10 I like it alot 

10 hours ago, pollydog said:

OMG spot burn my fav spot the water and your giving up the fly. lolI know how to fish. **** I probably catch more sizable fish then a lot of people here. WOW! no wonder your worked up. Dido what Doddle said.

You are magic. No sand on the fish no background besides water. Ideal picture for the internet. 35 incher isn’t bad. Here’s another from yesterday 

54B5721E-C66A-4983-A260-57198D05E6B4.thumb.jpeg.0ad0beafd78590cc86a32f2c8365c754.jpeg

On 6/9/2018 at 1:25 PM, Roccus7 said:

What a friggin "Shakespeareian Thread: Much Ado About Nothing!!"  So they put a picture of a bunch of rods standing along the river by the mill, not like it's a top secret spot.  Don't like the web page, don't shop there, but don't complain about a small local business trying to make a buck, a more and more difficult challenge with the advent of etail.  

You should be glad you have access to a decent tackle shop locally.  The nearest tackle shop to me, which is marginal at best is 40 miles away so I'm forced to use the internet for my needs or schlep 70 miles one way to Cabela's or wherever "The Tackle Shop" on India Street moved to in case on an emergency.  That being said, I wouldn't trade my long-distance emergency schlepping for fishing with the crowd for anything.  Enjoy yourselves, but remember that no one has a monopoly of the fish, at least last time I looked...

200 Veranda St in Portland.  Much easier access than the India St poop show.