Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimbighead

I'm dying over here!

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SchultzsMom said:

I found this board because I’m really excited about fishing.  I’m also hoping to learn more by reading your posts.  I can say with as much as my fish flopped when we got it into the boat, I can see the fish in the picture getting sandy from flopping on the sand, but, hey I’m a newbie, so, what do I know?  And my fish was pretty slimy, so I would also think the natural slime layer would protect it.  I am all for the ethical treatment of these fish that are being released so that they will live and reproduce.  And no I’m not a PETA lover.  Just my two cents, and yes you guys argue a lot, you are putting my belief that it is much easier to get along with men than with other women to the test.

Oh no men are way easier to get along with! The real thing is it's easier to get along with others in person than on the internet. On the internet you have all this time on your hands to ponder things and make assumptions about things based on a minimum of information and one's own feelings or preferences, etc. and often it comes out in flames. My guess if even if you took the surliest person in the PG forum and put them on the beach next to any of us we would probably fish in harmony and get along just fine. My favorite fishing spot borders a fairly sketchy gang and drug hangout (not n Maine), and sometimes when I go there I'll run into some intimidating looking hispanic guys, usually fishing chunks for flounder or whatever and always drinking and smoking joints. I fish a flat a couple hundred yards from their clubhouse thing and although we probably won't be facebook friends we co-exist just fine and have for a few years now. On the internet we are persona, in person we are people.

11 hours ago, Wigeon said:

You guys fight a lot.

For what its worth, I've seen this guy drag them backwards in the sand, then kick them back  in the water :dismay:

People are over sensitive--think its their job to speak about it and tell you how to live your life. 

Luckily in person no one would have the balls to walk up and say these things if you were 100% legal, other wise they would find themselves in the drink. 

In addition there seems to be some new people in Maine with throwaway accounts or here simply to troll. 

If there is a topic about conservation then have your discussion there and keep your personal comments out of it.

Even if I hated OOB Fisherman I would never tell him not to post a picture. A man may make a gentle suggestion in person but this stuff is better left to your own offspring. 

My motto is be kind or go eff yourself. Even this sounds preachy. As Zeno has posted "The Internet Ruined Fishing" 

Anways, jimbighead, godspeed in your recovery! I have never read one unkind or condescending word from you. :) 

3 hours ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

People are over sensitive--think its their job to speak about it and tell you how to live your life. 

Luckily in person no one would have the balls to walk up and say these things if you were 100% legal, other wise they would find themselves in the drink. 

In addition there seems to be some new people in Maine with throwaway accounts or here simply to troll. 

If there is a topic about conservation then have your discussion there and keep your personal comments out of it.

Even if I hated OOB Fisherman I would never tell him not to post a picture. A man may make a gentle suggestion in person but this stuff is better left to your own offspring. 

My motto is be kind or go eff yourself. Even this sounds preachy. As Zeno has posted "The Internet Ruined Fishing" 

Anways, jimbighead, godspeed in your recovery! I have never read one unkind or condescending word from you. :) 

I am from Maine yes. Throw away account? Sorry not a troll. If I was next to someone on the beach and saw someone drag a fish into the sand and kick it into the water you better believe I will be saying something. I would love to see them try to throw me in the water, it will not go over well. 

4 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

For what its worth, I've seen this guy drag them backwards in the sand, then kick them back  in the water :dismay:

You're not supposed to do that? :huh: 

Whining because there's sand on a fish. That's rich. 

46 mins ago, Theflyguy said:

I am from Maine yes. Throw away account? Sorry not a troll. If I was next to someone on the beach and saw someone drag a fish into the sand and kick it into the water you better believe I will be saying something. I would love to see them try to throw me in the water, it will not go over well. 

Exactly!!!

5 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

Hey **** you!!!

2 hours ago, Theflyguy said:

Good luck out there! 

Posted (edited)

Just a SOL rules reminder:  No personal attacks.   Thanks

Edited by BillB

Well... That was interesting.  Jim hope you get better real fast.  Ya the internet sucks. That is why I don't post too much no tone in what you type and can be taken the wrong why to easy.  See even now I want to make a comment or two but won't, don't want it to be taken wrong.  Have fun. Oh and Shut Up and FISH : )  if you have seen my boat that is what it says on the sides of it.  If ya see me say Hey

10 hours ago, sks said:

Well... That was interesting.  Jim hope you get better real fast.  Ya the internet sucks. That is why I don't post too much no tone in what you type and can be taken the wrong why to easy.  See even now I want to make a comment or two but won't, don't want it to be taken wrong.  Have fun. Oh and Shut Up and FISH : )  if you have seen my boat that is what it says on the sides of it.  If ya see me say Hey

Is that like Frank Zappa's "Shut Up And Play Your Guitar"? I like the sentiment, let's all go do jsut that!

On 6/9/2018 at 10:28 AM, redfishkiller said:

You came up North??? Damn man if you do it again let me know, I got some spots. Then again I was in your area a few weeks ago and didn't call either so...damn.

14 hours ago, stormy monday said:

Is that like Frank Zappa's "Shut Up And Play Your Guitar"? I like the sentiment, let's all go do jsut that!

Or "Quitcher Bitchin' and Go Fitchin'". Zappa didn't write that one but he should have. :shaky:

That wasn’t just sand. Look closely and then look at his hands in other photos. So much for us having a healthy striper population five years from now !!!