Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimbighead

I'm dying over here!

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, CW21 said:

OOB I know you’re a huge contributor here and your input is much appreciated but if you posted that pic in the Mass forum you would get torn apart…. and rightful so. I get that beach fisherman often land their fish by sliding them up on the beach but maybe first priority is to get him back in the water to clean him up a bit before taking pic? Easy fix IMO.

The Mass forum is 10x better than the Maine forum nowadays. People   here have gotten so uptight its a drag! They forgot its a blood sport and kneejerk so bad they should check themselves.

Edited by Sea Of Atlas

6 mins ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

The Mass forum is 10x better than the Maine forum nowadays. People   here have gotten so uptight its a drag! They forgot its a blood sport and kneejerk so bad they should check themselves.

Blood sport??? errrrr ok. I refer to it as fishing but yeah sure.

Yes some animals die, even those released, fish bleed. Just cite one study that says sand has an effect on the release of fish and then we can all learn something new. 

Posted (edited)

Jesus Christ people lighten up is right, I didnt drag this fish through the sand and it was released in less than 30 seconds after I landed it. Not much of a wonder why I used to contribute a lot more here, who needs the hassle? I see MUCH worse on a daily basis, guess I should have used my rod to hoist the fish in the air and unhook it while it thrashed about. I’ve caught and released thousands of fish, it was high tide, I didn’t have waders on and and I “dragged it” in with the waves........ya know what forget it, I don’t owe anyone any explanations but this is getting ridiculous, a little sand on a fish out of water for 30 seconds, get real people. Anybody ever think that maybe the fish flipped and flopped around, ya know, like fish do, as opposed to “I dragged it” up on the beach? I rarely if ever take pics, I had my camera in my pocket, what can I say? 

Sorry to hijak your post Jim, tough sledding when you can’t post a picture of a fish without getting “Mass forumed” to death 

Edited by OOB Fisherman

13 mins ago, OOB Fisherman said:

Jesus Christ people lighten up is right, I didnt drag this fish through the sand and it was released in less than 30 seconds after I landed it. No wonder why I used to contribute a lot more here, I’ve caught and released thousands of fish, it was high tide, I didn’t have waders on and and I “dragged it” in with the........ya know what forget it, I don’t owe anyone any explanations but this is getting absolutely ridiculous, a little sand on a fish out of water for 30 seconds, get real people

I'm on your side OOB nothing but bunch of cry babies and hypocrite's on this forum anymore, give me a break sand on a fish. 

The bottom line is if we truly cared for the fish we wouldn’t be sticking hooks into them .

Jim if you get to the point you think you can reel in a fish but not sure you want to do it in your boat quite yet give me s shout. 

Jim hang in there.  As someone posted PT is the most important part of your rehab and their mantra of "It's no good unless it hurts" is so true!!

As for the rest of the drivel on this thread, I'm sure you'll find this PETA publication to your liking...

peta.JPG

PT indeed, starts in 2 weeks!  Can’t wait to CFT (copay for torture). 

Luckily i I have a great relationship with my “therapy” team, they have kept me in the game, torturing me  through several major surgeries over the past 15 years 

i love that graphic and  would love to shop my characature in there and change it to “My daddy” and have my daughter wear it to parent teacher conference

peace y’all it’s early in the season and there’s a lot of fun times ahead

seriously 

jim 

1 hour ago, Tlacey21walden said:

The bottom line is if we truly cared for the fish we wouldn’t be sticking hooks into them .

Jim if you get to the point you think you can reel in a fish but not sure you want to do it in your boat quite yet give me s shout. 

Thanks Toby!

will certainly keep your offer on my mind as the mending moves forward!

jim

Posted (edited)

Sureeeee you are off the painkillers, just messing, hope you get better.

Edited by Fastway Fishing

You got that plastic piece screwed to your humerus now? All things considered you came out OK (alive, walking). Heal well.

Sorry I was the first cry baby...... but I catch fish all the time and have caught many in the 30s and never dragged them threw the sand. If you fish get waders or prepare to get a little wet. If you can’t handle a fish without killing it then you have a lot to learn. You can’t tell me that fish was only out of water for 30 seconds as it has atleast that amount of time for you to unhook and grab your camera and turn it on and snap a picture. Half the reason I don’t take pictures. Yeah I hook fish but I try to handle them with care. I am a fly fisherman yes but I don’t over play them as most 30s don’t even see the reel. I strip them in take a quick look use my rod as a quick size reference then off it goes not thrown into the water doing 3 flips but gently tail it and let it swim off on its own simple, shore fisherman may drag into the sand with no waders but generally the wet sand not the dry stuff. The wet stuff won’t cover them like that. Then to top it off lay it in the dry sand for a picture. Call me a cry baby if you want but I have respect for the fishery. Sad to see a 5-6 year old prime Breeder be treated with so much disrespect. 

Time out everybody. We all love the sport and the fish that make it so. Only time we "drag" a fish into the sand and leave it there is if we are ready to eat it. No foul there. I think these fish are tougher than we give them credit for. if fought quick and brought in, released within a minute or so, they should certainly live to see and fight another day.

35 mins ago, stormy monday said:

You got that plastic piece screwed to your humerus now? All things considered you came out OK (alive, walking). Heal well.

Just some titanium, a few screws and some modern Kevlar weAve  thrown in for good measure.

Should be “good as new”

sadly, I had the left side done three years ago, but it’s pretty good rotator on that side is still pretty crunchy but manageable 

that does not kill me only makes me stronger

I keep telling myself that  

47 mins ago, Theflyguy said:

Sorry I was the first cry baby...... but I catch fish all the time and have caught many in the 30s and never dragged them threw the sand. If you fish get waders or prepare to get a little wet. If you can’t handle a fish without killing it then you have a lot to learn. You can’t tell me that fish was only out of water for 30 seconds as it has atleast that amount of time for you to unhook and grab your camera and turn it on and snap a picture. Half the reason I don’t take pictures. Yeah I hook fish but I try to handle them with care. I am a fly fisherman yes but I don’t over play them as most 30s don’t even see the reel. I strip them in take a quick look use my rod as a quick size reference then off it goes not thrown into the water doing 3 flips but gently tail it and let it swim off on its own simple, shore fisherman may drag into the sand with no waders but generally the wet sand not the dry stuff. The wet stuff won’t cover them like that. Then to top it off lay it in the dry sand for a picture. Call me a cry baby if you want but I have respect for the fishery. Sad to see a 5-6 year old prime Breeder be treated with so much disrespect. 

No worries on this end man, I’m just saying I’m not “one of those” and anyone who’s fished with me in this forum will attest that I have the utmost respect for the fishery, the sport and the fish. We can go back and forth forever but I think the internet has provided a whole lotta room for distant interjection if you will, snap judgement based on speculation.,.....and I’m not even talking about this convo, per se, but more of a general statement. I kid ya not when I say it was about 30 seconds, could it have been longer, ya sure I guess so. The fish was landed w/ the hook in the corner of the mouth sticking out, came right out, camera in the pocket, quick snap and back she went, couldn’t have been much longer. I’ve heard of the ‘sand not being good for the fish theory’ but I also think there’s a big difference between dragging em in so they’re caked and laying them down for a few seconds, just my opinion. Any way all is cool on this end, I don’t mind having a discussion but as someone who honestly makes the effort to be a steward of the sport and do things the right way,  it hit me the wrong way.