Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimbighead

I'm dying over here!

60 posts in this topic

While being driven to work today (had surgery on my right shoulder last week), I saw 4, maybe 5 feeding frenzies in two rivers, and two bays somewhere between Brunswick and Scarborough.

720ish AM flood, outgoing, nearly all activity was up in the marsh grass beds, on the banks.

Yes I am off pain killers and no I am not hallucinating. 

I can't physically fish or run my boat and that is truly killing me, but what really got me, was no one, not a single soul, was out there on these fish.  Typical goto locations for the area.  

Maybe, like I would have done, you all went fishing at 3, slayed them, already got back home and were on your way to work.  I hope that is the case.  Or maybe, even better, there are fish everywhere and you all were some place else?  I hope the latter is the case.

in any event, get out there folks and have a blast, I'll be  joining you (god willing) in 4 weeks or so.

Please leave some fish for me 

Game on, Tight lines

Lefty

Posted (edited)

I can’t speak for everybody but I’m getting ready for bed after being up since yesterday morning. Been hittin the beaches/docks hard during this tide cycle, fish are starting to get a little bigger but still no keepers as of yet......they were all over Mack’s and clams this morning, gonna give it another whirl floating worms tonight

This one was 26” plus with some shoulder, buddy landed one a little bit smaller and another that was 22-23” maybe? 

734E5E75-2DCF-4D73-B43A-B1D86B7683AE.jpeg

Edited by OOB Fisherman

Not trying to be a dick here but if you aren’t gonna keep it why drag it threw the sand? That fish most likely died. Nice fish though

Fished locally this morning and nothing. I've seen fish on top along that drive but was unfortunately going too or Fromm work. Frustrating. Take care Lefty, don't over do it too soon. There will be plenty left for you.

OOB I know you’re a huge contributor here and your input is much appreciated but if you posted that pic in the Mass forum you would get torn apart…. and rightful so. I get that beach fisherman often land their fish by sliding them up on the beach but maybe first priority is to get him back in the water to clean him up a bit before taking pic? Easy fix IMO.

Just a little sand.  They swim thru the thickest chocolate milk water there is.  Best to keep them out of it if possible, but lets not be dramatic.  Fish will be fine.

Posted (edited)

Then how about having a little respect for the creature that is giving you so much pleasure?  I have seen some really atrocious fish handling in the last few days.  How about if we stick your head underwater for two minutes while you set up the picture?  If it's not a keeper, keep it wet. 

Note-  The "you" was addressed to some nameless schmoe who spent two minutes showing everyone the 13" schoolie and taking pictures of it before releasing it. 

Edited by titleguy

44 mins ago, CW21 said:

OOB I know you’re a huge contributor here and your input is much appreciated but if you posted that pic in the Mass forum you would get torn apart…. and rightful so. I get that beach fisherman often land their fish by sliding them up on the beach but maybe first priority is to get him back in the water to clean him up a bit before taking pic? Easy fix IMO.

Sounds like it's becoming the Mass fourm. He's a beach fisherman for Pete's sake, Lighten up.

Jimbighead, my wife is 6 weeks into shoulder surgery, off the ice machine and on PT. Key thing is do exact what they say and rush nothing. The fish will be even bigger next year!

32 mins ago, Shorefisher said:

Sounds like it's becoming the Mass fourm. He's a beach fisherman for Pete's sake, Lighten up.

I thought I was being as tactful as possible while expressing my view and adding a suggestion.

3 hours ago, jimbighead said:

While being driven to work today (had surgery on my right shoulder last week), I saw 4, maybe 5 feeding frenzies in two rivers, and two bays somewhere between Brunswick and Scarborough.

720ish AM flood, outgoing, nearly all activity was up in the marsh grass beds, on the banks.

Yes I am off pain killers and no I am not hallucinating. 

I can't physically fish or run my boat and that is truly killing me, but what really got me, was no one, not a single soul, was out there on these fish.  Typical goto locations for the area.  

Maybe, like I would have done, you all went fishing at 3, slayed them, already got back home and were on your way to work.  I hope that is the case.  Or maybe, even better, there are fish everywhere and you all were some place else?  I hope the latter is the case.

in any event, get out there folks and have a blast, I'll be  joining you (god willing) in 4 weeks or so.

Please leave some fish for me 

Game on, Tight lines

Lefty

Sorry Lefty.  For what it's worth I have a torn up shoulder and I now fish a spey rod on the beach exclusively- zero shoulder pain.....

ThAnks all for the orthopedic advice and well wishing.  I need to elaborate on the exact injury to add fodder

EarlyApril, on a fine spring skiing day I dropped a ski where you can’t drop a ski, went down rolled started self arrest  and looked up directly at a 5” spruce coming for my face

ducked to port and took the tree on like Ray Lewis...straight to the right chest That tree will never be the same 

I snapped my pec tendon off my humerus 

it it was reattached last Wednesday successfully 

so “Lucky for me” , hopefully after healing, PT is about getting range of motion back, not so dainty and limiting 

grinding and pain is for my left shoulder that is fully shot 

but im a righty so casting and reeling is a bit affected right now.   Luckily I have my boat repower going on at the same time and some kind hands listening to my direction and kicking ass

I’ll see yalll out there soon 

Jim