TheRustyBandit

Boston surfcasting locations

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kle230 said:

@xxoczukxx:

you can go for the striped bass or enjoy some stuff @ Tony 's Clam shop

haha why not both?! Spend some time fishing and keep my girl happy with some fried oysters

On 6/7/2018 at 6:39 AM, mikefrombeverly said:

You need to have a certain number of posts, 10 I think, before you can send private messages. Once you can send messages feel free to reach out to me, I live in boston as well. 

This offer extend to another new guy that has been trying a few spots around Castle Island?

On 6/7/2018 at 8:55 AM, iputmyhoursin said:

Not to hi-jack this thread but, any guys local to Boston want to scout some new fishing spots? I've been driving up north shore and down the cape this season with success, but would like to catch big fish in local waters.

TheRustyBait, PM once you have access I can lead you in the right direction. I know a few spots in the Boston area, but the stripers will make you work for them.

I am relatively new to the Boston fishing scene but may be up to take a post work trip one night...

4 hours ago, JL3393 said:

This offer extend to another new guy that has been trying a few spots around Castle Island?

Yes sir. 

Hi,

I am also new to surf casting in this area.

Would anybody be interested to go fishing together on the weekend?

Since I can't PM yet, shoot me an email if you are interested: bostonshore@discardmail.de (spam email address for this purpose only).

TL

Since nobody replied, I went out on my own.

No fish on the night from Friday to Saturday, but at least one small guy Sunday morning. I hope that was enough to take the skunk off...

Otherwise I haven't seen a lot of action from the shore, I hope you guys did better if you went out.

1 min ago, FishingEnthusiast said:

Since nobody replied, I went out on my own.

No fish on the night from Friday to Saturday, but at least one small guy Sunday morning. I hope that was enough to take the skunk off...

Otherwise I haven't seen a lot of action from the shore, I hope you guys did better if you went out.

I was out of town this weekend or else I would have joined you.

From the guys I've talked to when I've been out around Southie your story seems to be the norm. A couple schoolies but nothing of size. 

Although I spoke to one guy last week who said he caught a couple keeper size fish.

Just registered on here, long time lurker. Been scoping out some spots on the North Shore. I'm local to Peabody. Tried Marblehead Neck last weekend and got skunked.

Had a good Saturday and Sunday...fished at my usual spots,North End,Southie and a couple of spots in between...thinking of heading to the Island of Plum on Saturday

I haven't decided yet what to do on the weekend due to the mixed weather forecast.

But if you had out and you don't mind some company, shoot me a mail: bostonshore@discardmail.de

On 6/19/2018 at 3:38 PM, SuperStriper3Way said:

Just registered on here, long time lurker. Been scoping out some spots on the North Shore. I'm local to Peabody. Tried Marblehead Neck last weekend and got skunked.

Been out to the neck twice this year, and as the kids would say, "that's a neck". No fish for me....but I did get swamped in my waders by a wave when I had my back turned. I've been having some luck in the Danvers River.... only schoolies from there but I have able to land at least 1 each time I've been out.

This is my first year surf casting and I have a LOT to learn. I am local to Salem so I am always looking for spots up there (yes, I know there is a Northshore thread). If anyone would ever like to fish together hit me up. I don't think I have enough posts to do pms, but I'm working on it.

Not a spot burner. Respectful, ect... Been fishing for many years but finally crossed over to the salty stuff. Learning to read a beach is hard!

Best of luck out out there. Tight lines!

On 6/21/2018 at 10:59 AM, Freshie_outta_water said:

Been out to the neck twice this year, and as the kids would say, "that's a neck". No fish for me....but I did get swamped in my waders by a wave when I had my back turned. I've been having some luck in the Danvers River.... only schoolies from there but I have able to land at least 1 each time I've been out.

This is my first year surf casting and I have a LOT to learn. I am local to Salem so I am always looking for spots up there (yes, I know there is a Northshore thread). If anyone would ever like to fish together hit me up. I don't think I have enough posts to do pms, but I'm working on it.

Not a spot burner. Respectful, ect... Been fishing for many years but finally crossed over to the salty stuff. Learning to read a beach is hard!

Best of luck out out there. Tight lines!

Sounds good, maybe we can link up! This is my second year fishing the north shore. 

Hi, I'm new here as well.  I have very little experience saltwater fishing, having only gone twice (fished Castle Island once, and went to Plum Island with a friend) although I have a lot of experience fishing in ponds and rivers.

I'm looking for a fishing buddy or a group of locals to fish with as well.

I do have a few questions about some spots in the area, but they might be too specific for the open forum.

Has anyone tried fishing Fort Point channel?  I'm thinking maybe I could try fishing from the Harborwalk.

Iv also wondered if people fish fort point channel, iv never seen anyone there but seems likes good area. Have a few spots id try sometime after work(closer to barking) but was just curious if anyone has had luck there before?

I hit castle island last week, saw a couple guys fishing inside- does anyone ever hook up inside?  That opening is tiny, i can't belive many fish go in there. I struck out at the end t unfortunately, very weedy too.