KnewBee

June Fishing Reports

87 posts in this topic

Very strange.   Maybe the 2018 graduating class was out and partying, but I could not find any of the "adults"!  Four of these tiny lil ones to avoid the skunk....

tiny.jpg

Fished this morning from 06 - 1100.  Was throwing a Chatter bait with a 4 inch swim bait trailer and hooked into what I thought was an 8 lb bass.  Serious drag screamer, turned out to be a 5 lb 8 Catfish.   Went on to catch a bluegill, a 1-2 Bass and two chain pickerel at 18 and 20 inches.  The bluegill hit a rapala husky that was almost bigger than the bluegill.  

blue on husky.jpg

20inchain.jpg

cat on chatter.jpg

Nice catches KnewBee! Got out today 4:30 to 11, needed to be in for a Father's Day cookout with the kids. 

Flat calm conditions, no wind, so hit the docks with a jig and managed some nice fish. A couple from the day. Hot as hell too.

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

Got this guy a few days ago.  I wonder what got him, turtle?  Whatever it was it was a while ago as he was all healed up.

20180612_175959.jpg

Posted (edited)

Got a couple of pike last night.   Of course the first one got me when I was measuring it.  Forgot how much stronger river fish are then then lake fish.

2C8563A2-B1DB-4EBB-91F0-F276DDFD3E56.jpeg

A2AFC2AB-98FE-469A-B75B-670AB5B0DD59.jpeg

Edited by ne_dan

Posted (edited)

I see some nice fish here,,,great job guys,,got 2 smallmouths and 2 turtles and in the throw net got a Roanoke log peach very rare and he went back very safely :)

20180617_230429.jpg

20180617_230502.jpg

20180617_230526.jpg

Edited by bennie

18 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Fished this morning from 06 - 1100.  Was throwing a Chatter bait with a 4 inch swim bait trailer and hooked into what I thought was an 8 lb bass.  Serious drag screamer, turned out to be a 5 lb 8 Catfish.   Went on to catch a bluegill, a 1-2 Bass and two chain pickerel at 18 and 20 inches.  The bluegill hit a rapala husky that was almost bigger than the bluegill.  

blue on husky.jpg

20inchain.jpg

cat on chatter.jpg

That’s a nice outing of mult species . Healthy waters for sure 

thanks for sharing 

Nice work everyone!

Got out fri, sat, & sunday this weekend :rav:

Friday got a couple of smallies on the jerkbait then switched to a different lake and struck out. Saturday convinced the gf to come to a 'picnic' and I brought some rods. We quickly ate lunch and she was having a blast catching smallies, rock bass, and panfish on worms  + tiny jig head. She almost got a jumbo perch too. Water was super clear so it was fun watching the action. Sunday got a couple of dink smallies and a jumbo perch on a ned rig. Dropped a really nice fish. Perch weighed 1.3lbs and it was long and skinny.

Water is super clear and could see some monster smallies & lmb's cruise by but they wouldn't take anything. What would you guys throw? Depth is from 10 to 30+ feet. Once I switched to the ned rig I was getting more bites. I tried a nose hooked fluke on a wacky hook, wacky rigged senko, craw on a jig head. I'm also using straight braid, no leader. Going to try fluoro leader and maybe drop shotting as well as continue to work the trd. It's painful for me to work baits that slow though...curious what you guys would do

42829214692_fa7c45839e_z.jpg

Skunk against last night. Fishing has been fairly terrible for me this year in South Jersey. Even the other day we went to a nice private location that gives up its fish easily and only walked away catching 7 LMB between the two of us, only one with size. Not sure what gives!!!