KnewBee

June Fishing Reports

87 posts in this topic

Was enjoying a peaceful morning trip in a somewhat skinny creek.   Just as I found the pattern, two boats showed up and I think they thought they could snuggle up and share my success: I left.   If I wanted crowds, I would have gone elsewhere.   Couple dinks and a skinny ass 1 lb 5.  Swim Senko was the ticket.  Tried a few different top waters, jerk bait, and spinner baits to no avail.   

It is now June.  

long n skinny.jpg

Yesterday this cool kayaker gave me some gulp jigs just what the fish was hitting,,really nice guy,,today just got some croakers :)

20180603_181630.jpg

20180603_142430.jpg

Looks more like a skate than a croaker!  Yeah, good looking kayaker!    Tight lines for Monday!!!

Compare and contrast.  Evening bass was just shy of 18 inches, very similar to the morning bass.   But, the evening bass weighed in at 2 lb 3, almost a lb heavier.  

two   three.jpg

27 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Looks more like a skate than a croaker!  Yeah, good looking kayaker!    Tight lines for Monday!!!

Ya jerry got the shate,,,I think jerry on that boat every day cool dude,,,so is the kayaker,,,,:)

5 hours ago, bennie said:

Yesterday this cool kayaker gave me some gulp jigs just what the fish was hitting,,really nice guy,,today just got some croakers :)

20180603_181630.jpg

20180603_142430.jpg

Is that the Misty?

Got out for a quick outing saturday sundown. Two lmb's, both on topwater working a small rebel pop-r tight to the bank. One dink, other over 3lbs

Got a long session in on sunday. Explored a more remote side of the lake. Very slow day but managed a couple of dink smallies, an lmb who hit a crankbait once it floated to the surface (???), a pickerel, good size perch, and a red breasted sunfish. Still saw lots of bass & panfish on beds but tough to find hungry fish. Threw everything in the bag

Caught one bass after i got out of work today. Gonna go back out again tomorrow once the W day is done. 

Had a nice evening trip and caught some fish.   Small white perch, crappie and occasional mud cats were interested in the trolled beetlespin under the bobber.  Bass and a favorite bowfin were interested in the swim senko.   Wish them senkos were a bit more durable.   Best bass came in at 4 lbs.  

Four lb  zero.jpg

20 in Bowfin.jpg

Made it out for a couple of hours. Seven LMB  topped by this 5lbs 1oz, 21 incher.

20180605_103156.jpg

Rickman, nice bass, but don't leave him there too long!   

Weird.   Been paying attention to lengths and weights.   Thought my "new" scale was off.   Just tested it with a known 9 ounce plastic bucket and added measured 16 oz water one at a time up to 6 lb 9oz,  the scale is knats ass.  

1 hour ago, KnewBee said:

Weird.   Been paying attention to lengths and weights.   Thought my "new" scale was off.   Just tested it with a known 9 ounce plastic bucket and added measured 16 oz water one at a time up to 6 lb 9oz,  the scale is knats ass.  

Took the pic, measured and released. She swam away in good health.

Caught two solid keeper crappies on today's after work session both were released, Looking forward to going back out again tomorrow after i make that money :) 

4 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Yes I had two of those rapala scales,,,worked great at first then was way off,,,next time I'm getting a old timers spring scale,,,or like the old salt told me,,,, you don't need that the fish all ready has scales on it:)

Nothing "scale worthy" this evening, but a few small bass and a tangled up Longnose Gar.

lil Gar 1.jpg

lil Gar.jpg