FunkyBunker

June 2018 Fishing Reports

384 posts in this topic

Woke up 3am checked the weather?  Back to bed by 3 20 am.  It's going to be a good day to change hooks and tie leaders :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jjdbike said:

Really... OC yesterday, as in Sunday?

Man oh man it must have cleared up quite a bit. When I left late morning it was quite a mess w/ wind, rainy / cloudy skies & brown washing machine surf. It atcually looks nice in that pic.

Nice fish & good pic.What did you get it on? From that pic it looks like some clam snot hanging from it’s mouth.

Congraz!

JD

 

Has to be Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 11:32 AM, MC55 said:

Very simple, 5/0 or 4/0 circle hook and a split shot.  Put three bugs on at a time, toss it in the rip and feed the line as the current pulls them out.  That's it.

What size split shot do you usually use? Do you crimp it to the hook or the line?

I really want to try this technique this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Really... OC yesterday, as in Sunday?

Man oh man it must have cleared up quite a bit. When I left late morning it was quite a mess w/ wind, rainy / cloudy skies & brown washing machine surf. It atcually looks nice in that pic.

Nice fish & good pic.What did you get it on? From that pic it looks like some clam snot hanging from it’s mouth.

Congraz!

JD

Thanks! I posted the pic on Sunday evening, so yeah, “yesterday” was Saturday. Not much going on all day then boom all hell broke lose and we got 4 nice blues in 10 minutes. All on bunker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow,

talk about right time/place.

You certainly scored better than anyone I saw or spoke w/.

It sure looked fishy Sat, but it was a tough day for me.

Had a couple viscous strikes & run offs, couple Gulps chomped. Dropped a blue on the rocks & ended up w/ one lowly sundial.

ill be back at it this coming & hope to have at least 1/2 the success you had!

again,

congratz!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit a moco river on Saturday for some yellow eyes and found 6. Nothing really big but fun all on top water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhilCVG said:

 

Has to be Saturday.

Was thinking that same thing! My son and I fished NoMC out front yesterday because it was the only day we had this weekend to fish. UGLY...plain and simple. He did manage to catch his first fluke in the wash...a shorty. We toughed it out from 6am to 10 am and said enough. went to Alice's Kitchen for a hot breakfast and straight home for a nap. Good day to wash the salt water out of everything...we got soaked!

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup...Saturday was OK. Sunday was a blow out with salad on the line and a teener on the hook!

 

IMG_1175.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hook 62 said:

It's not looking good to fish the beach for a few days 

Didn't take a ride to see how bad it was yesterday, but veered off my work path this morning and it didn't look good. Someone was fishing which is nuts and some surfers were getting their suits ready. Lots of waves but not clean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

found some small bass and blues on friday evening. Gonna try again tomorrow evening on my favorite tide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chitala383 said:

What size split shot do you usually use? Do you crimp it to the hook or the line?

I really want to try this technique this year.

Think its size #4 and crimp it on the leader about 12 to 14 inches from the hook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, MC55 said:

Think its size #4 and crimp it on the leader about 12 to 14 inches from the hook.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Now if only I could find out where you find your fish. Haha. It's been a slow year for me. Though I haven't been able to get but a handful of times so far. Newborns really screw up your fishing schedule. Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Awesome, thanks for the info. Now if only I could find out where you find your fish. Haha. It's been a slow year for me. Though I haven't been able to get but a handful of times so far. Newborns really screw up your fishing schedule. Haha.

When you are married, with children, the pecking order is:

Wife

Children

Mother

Mother in law

Dog

Cat

You!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 mins ago, nam1969 said:

When you are married, with children, the pecking order is:

Wife

Children

Mother

Mother in law

Dog

Cat

You!

Close, I'm pretty sure in my house it's

Wife

Kids

Cats

Me

Dog

Mother

 

Haha. My wife hates the dog and my mom isn't really around much. Her mother passed away a few years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chitala383 said:

Awesome, thanks for the info. Now if only I could find out where you find your fish. Haha. It's been a slow year for me. Though I haven't been able to get but a handful of times so far. Newborns really screw up your fishing schedule. Haha.

How deep in the sand are the bugs typically found?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now