FunkyBunker

June 2018 Fishing Reports

328 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, beret said:

Can I assume bugs are  sand crabs............

you can but still might not know for sure.

would be a correct assumption though 

3 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Absolute spot burn!!! That's the Atlantic Ocean with a jetty!!!! Mike, they'll be all over you in the morning. Go into stealth mode! BTW, did you get the 30" on your little pole?

Different rod, but still a 7 footer.  It's the MoJo  with the Spinfisher V 4500 live liner.  Was nice having some drag pulled for a change.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

I second that....   Did you make it yourself or is it a commercially available product? 

Know

So it is a belt I put together myself.  I couldn't find anything commercially available that worked for me.  It is made up of military knock offs.  If you go to eBay or amazon and search for molle you will find all kinds of stuff that you can use to put a belt together.  The tubes are just some stuff I had around and pop riveted to the belt.  One holds my second rod and the other my bug scoop.  Set up has worked well for me.

DSCF2148.JPG

Edited by MC55

Nice,   I think I will have to look into making one  ...

Thanks  

John 

Moco in the back from 7am-12pm. Fished with SOL memeber Reelfisher101. Did pretty good on the kayaks both limiting out and a handful of shorts as well. 

C47C2686-D02C-45CC-8D0B-EA8B8DCE1303.jpeg

Posted (edited)

CMC out front 

10-12:15pm

Fishing eels for bass, massive hit and intense five minute drag burning battle, ending with a popped knot on my pre tied rig from a local tackle shop.  Felt like it would have been a personal best, but won’t insult anyone by wagering a guess on the size.  Needless to say I’ll be tying 100% of my own rigs going forward.  Gonna be thinking about this one for a long time....

Edited by Bluetaildragger

Fished eels in a canal from 2300- 0400. Not a single touch. They were lively too, I mostly drifted them but also pinned them to the bottom during slack... got bored and switched leaders and started throwing plugs and brought in one 20" bass on a black and blue mag darter.. way below my expectations for the night... I really want to fish out front for a couple hours but this east wind is gonna be crazy

Took a look out front water was dirty a hard Northeast wind nice white water hard to get the plug out fish bucktails for about an hour no hits. Went to a different spot out back avoided the skunk with two little footballs

20180603_060241_001.jpg

On 6/2/2018 at 7:38 PM, MC55 said:

So it is a belt I put together myself.  I couldn't find anything commercially available that worked for me.  It is made up of military knock offs.  If you go to eBay or amazon and search for molle you will find all kinds of stuff that you can use to put a belt together.  The tubes are just some stuff I had around and pop riveted to the belt.  One holds my second rod and the other my bug scoop.  Set up has worked well for me.

DSCF2148.JPG

Those are nice but bulky.   I use a rubber fernco fitting from the depot.  Put two slits in it and weave the belt thru.  They are light and flex a bit but dont even know its there

Gave it a shot in the rain out back o.c water is dirty and a lot of grass fished bucktails and swim shads and plugs .a good old fashioned soaking and skunk  I will be back for out going tide in the morning. 

8 hours ago, Wheeler said:

OC out front yesterday. 35”03CA4144-F178-4FAE-B883-A4A666CEE4ED.jpeg.a9efdf4b65f465974066341b4fe18e35.jpeg

Really... OC yesterday, as in Sunday?

Man oh man it must have cleared up quite a bit. When I left late morning it was quite a mess w/ wind, rainy / cloudy skies & brown washing machine surf. It atcually looks nice in that pic.

Nice fish & good pic.What did you get it on? From that pic it looks like some clam snot hanging from it’s mouth.

Congraz!

JD