FunkyBunker

June 2018 Fishing Reports

344 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ed White said:

The Army Corp of You F&*%ing A#&oles!!

Was walking along a beach last night stepping mid-calf deep with every step, reeeaaaaallllly pissed me off. The fishing is a pale imitation of what it once was.

To keep the post legal, I did go skunk free thanks to one midsized bluefish.

Ed,

I was only sinking up to just above the ankles and was pissed about that! They really screwed up the beach and created an underwater desert.

Bob

2 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Ed,

I was only sinking up to just above the ankles and was pissed about that! They really screwed up the beach and created an underwater desert.

Bob

Yup, plus the type of "sand" they are pumping is mostly gravel. 

1 hour ago, chitala383 said:

Just got in, Fished from 5pm to 9pm out back moco. Fish breaking the surface when I got to the beach, looked like blues on bunker maybe, tough to tell. Definitely not happy bunker flipping around though. Threw the bag, not a tap. They moved out of reach around 6:30 so I switched to fluke mode. Picked up 3, 1 at 19" and fat for the table. Missed just as many. All 3 landed took the gulp shrimp teaser. I'm expecting this fluke to be full of shrimp like the last one I kept which was caught on sand bugs. Bunker moved back in at about 8:30 and then back out just as quickly. Not a tap from whatever was on then again. All in all a nice evening out.

0612181928.jpg

Awesome job brother!

11 hours ago, Hook 62 said:

Checking my log books from Year's past   we should be up to our butt holes with bunkers  bass & blue fish   I can't explain it .

Beach replenishment

Didn't know it was going to rain this morning. Stopped right before i started fishing, and then the gnats found me. Tried a couple spots out back for flounder 515-615am. Snapper blues jumping all over bait, luckily didn't lose any curly tails. Nada in the 1st spot, and nothing in the next few areas. Great hole by a bridge 2 years ago started filling with sand last year, and today found that it shoaled up even more. probably be able to walk 10yds out on it during low time. Went from being 4' deep at the bottom of the rocks during low tide to now only 15" deep at high tide. That hurts. 

1 min ago, FunkyBunker said:

Great hole by a bridge 2 years ago started filling with sand last year, and today found that it shoaled up even more. probably be able to walk 10yds out on it during low time. Went from being 4' deep at the bottom of the rocks during low tide to now only 15" deep at high tide. That hurts. 

I had a spot out back that happened to a well. There's a small bulkhead wall and last year at low tide the water would still be 4' deep on the other side of the wall. It's filled in so much that this year at low tide its dry now and you can walk out a solid 100'. It's depressing. That was a good spot that is now useless.

Yesterday  afternoon spent a few hours yakking around central RB. Small fluke and flair ups on scattered bunker every once in awhile. Nothing exciting. I'm very new to yakking there is a learning curve.

Driving home I stopped at my usually back bay location to eat my Wendy's chili and fries dinner. Nice sunset location. Huge blues crushing adult bunker against the rocks.. No love on metal or poppers. Snag and live lined worked. Lost three trebles. I was too lazy to walk back to the car for wire. Called it quits after third lost set up

Finally wrist breaking fish

Tried a new spot in the back of Moco yest evening. Beautiful evening. No taps, no boils, no sign of bait. Gunna try out front early A.M tomorrow. See if I can conjure up a bass or blue.

8 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Beach replenishment

Don't get me started.......and the folks on LBI love this....we already paid over 148 mil. $$$ to Great Lakes and they are at it almost daily....the folks in Ocean County would rather have this enormous waste of taxpayers dollars billed daily than Jetty's.....I just don't get it.....and they don't care.

Not the best conditions out there this morning.  S to SE wind, big water sets, cooler water, some cabbage pushing in and a new moon higher tide, along with no outbound rips or current was a challenge.  Tried to fish the bugs, but was just not the right set up.  Did get one at 21 inches with the bugs, but mostly fished the plastics.  Got one more 23 incher on the white eel along with a short fluke and a blue that sliced up a black eel early in the morning.  Wind shift to the W - NW in the morning should help improve things.

June 13, 2018  23 inches.JPG

10 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Beach replenishment

You're right  sudsy when is the last time anybody has seen a Calico crab in the wash I haven't seen one in a very long time not even washed up on the beach.

2 mins ago, Hook 62 said:

You're right  sudsy when is the last time anybody has seen a Calico crab in the wash I haven't seen one in a very long time not even washed up on the beach.

seen calicos in cape may point last weekend.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Don't get me started.......and the folks on LBI love this....we already paid over 148 mil. $$$ to Great Lakes and they are at it almost daily....the folks in Ocean County would rather have this enormous waste of taxpayers dollars billed daily than Jetty's.....I just don't get it.....and they don't care.

They like orange beaches and mud and walk 200 yards out to a Dead Sea what's not to love 

4 mins ago, Hook 62 said:

Remember when big fish would come in at night to feed on softies?

I've converted my old crab rake into a clamming rake

Just now, Hook 62 said:

They like orange beaches and mud and walk 200 yards out to a Dead Sea what's not to love 

But without jetties the beaches are level and property values go up

Eff everyone else, especially when everyone else is paying for it