FunkyBunker

June 2018 Fishing Reports

328 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

May went by way too fast! Here's looking to summer. Good luck and be safe out there.

 

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in the appropriate threads. If you have a question about something that would make a good thread on it's own, please start one.

 

For all of you new to the site, this is how you should make your report. It's up to you how much information you give, but please keep it within the rules and no spot-burning or specific locations.

 

Out front (oceanfront) or In the back (rivers, bays, and inlets),

Conditions

What you were fishing for,

What you were using,

What you caught. 

You can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The location terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other waters north of Raritan Bay.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

 
Edited by Sudsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the 6th month of the year. This one has been flying by since the winter finally decided to quit. 

Had to give it another shot this morning with the weather conditions holding steady. Got out front 445-615am. Kept the Hydro Minnow on, might be the new go to. Bite started off good with a 18" blue then a couple of same sized ones lost a few yards out. 20 mins it found a healthy 26" bass, definitely a lack of lively fish that size here this year. 2 more blues 22"-24" and a few casts later kept the streak alive with a nice 33.5" bass. That's a new record for me. Finished off with 2 more blues around 20" and bite died off right before 6. Looks like those bigger fish are pushing north so hope you guys are ready. This one is table fare .

 

 

6-1-18x33in.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funky you are depressing me. Got out again last night from 8-11. I told myself I wasn't leaving until I broke the skunk and I did with a maybe 26" fish. Worked my way from northern Moco to Central working all different types of structures and currents and that's all I found. Saw a few other guys with the same luck as me.  Maybe I'll try early tomorrow morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice fish and great  motivator Funky.

 

I was out front in OC last night. Found cabbage then moved a few miles north and good. Foggy and nice water at high.

 

Ended with one decent blue so no skunkage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

Kept the Hydro Minnow on, might be the new go to.

 

Might be??? LOL Brother, you better be filling your drawers with them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

Wow the 6th month of the year. This one has been flying by since the winter finally decided to quit. 

Had to give it another shot this morning with the weather conditions holding steady. Got out front 445-615am. Kept the Hydro Minnow on, might be the new go to. Bite started off good with a 18" blue then a couple of same sized ones lost a few yards out. 20 mins it found a healthy 26" bass, definitely a lack of lively fish that size here this year. 2 more blues 22"-24" and a few casts later kept the streak alive with a nice 33.5" bass. That's a new record for me. Finished off with 2 more blues around 20" and bite died off right before 6. Looks like those bigger fish are pushing north so hope you guys are ready. This one is table fare .

 

 

6-1-18x33in.jpg

 

F,B., 

What color H.M.?

J:wag:n

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 mins ago, daves745t said:

Might be??? LOL Brother, you better be filling your drawers with them!

Funny because when i saw them last year i told myself i don't need those because the SP's work fine. What interested me was the shallower running depth. With flat beaches like here it makes a difference. 

 

29 mins ago, J Wagen said:

 

F,B., 

What color H.M.?

6" Black/Silver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

ill be out hunting in the storms tonight with a report tomorrow.

+1 I will be out there as well. NoMoco outfront for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be heading out SoMoco tonight also. Gonna fish end of incoming and beginning of outgoing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, GeoffT said:

Weekend warriors!   No thanks.

Weekends are fine if you fish nights and don't hit the most popular spot in the area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NoMoco. Fished 12-5:30. 5 bass biggest at 30”. 6-7 blues biggest at 35”. Sp minnow and swim Shad did the trick. Beautiful morning out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fish incoming tide and little outgoing. Not a tap for me.  

 

Im glad god invented crosswalks bc even with my blinking headlight i turned on to aide the drivers that i was walking i almost got taken out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now