Delmarva Fishin' Reports - June 2018

Rate this topic

luckyOC

14 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

Looks like a Rough tail ray.  They are just plain nasty with a very bad attitude.  They get real real big also.

Thanks!  I could not find the species, that was it exactly.  Very bad attitude is spot on, was one of the toughest fighting ray's I have ever landed.  He was just as hard to release, that tail was crazy long and he knew how to whip it.

I would guess he was around 90-100 lbs.

Edited by spinr0k

does anyone know where i can find details of what beaches on Cape Henlopen are closed.

Google news and the CHSP website are useless - i wanted to head down on saturday for fluke.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

8 hours ago, Aquacide said:

does anyone know where i can find details of what beaches on Cape Henlopen are closed.

Google news and the CHSP website are useless - i wanted to head down on saturday for fluke.

all around the actual cape or what they call the point.  It stays closed till labor day every year 

2 hours ago, aguyinde said:

great thank you - so the beach I wanted to fish is fine. good to know. thanks

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

Well Guy's. I see there are no reports for Delmarva. Wish me luck. I'm heading down to the Delaware beaches tomorrow for two day's. I hear the surf fishing is really slow. Week after I'll head over to Assateauge MD. I'll let you all know how i did. Tight line's. :howdy:

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.