Livefreeordie

I Saw a DEEP Officer

8 posts in this topic

He was at the popular weakfish spot. When I told him 'thanks for checking this place out,' he asked me if I had any concerns. I said yeah, poaching along the river I live near, and named 4 spots. He said he was aware of each spot and his dept. had visited each and suggested action had been taken in some instances. It DOES seem like I'm running into less poaching at those spots, and on several occasions I've had them to myself, when in the past I've had to share the spot with idiots who cast over me and keep everything they can hide in the bushes and run to their trunk, later.

Always happy to see them out and about. Wish they had more funding for more manpower (and fish-sniffing labs). 

Glad to hear they are out there to some  degree, I haven't seen one for yrs,.h you could get some portion of the license fees to be dedicated to the DEEP enforcement dept.  I would even pay a surplus if it went to enforcement. 

Awesome the hear the DEEP officers are on patrol.

Too many googans out there.

I was checked in NY near Byram, Ct. on LIS for the Marine Registry twice recently. Poachers-beware

I ran into one at Silver Sands, stopped to chat with him and he seemed annoyed I interrupted him while he had his face buried in his cell phone.  :shrug:  Oh well, better to have him there than not.  

My son was stopped while fishing at a small pond here in town.not far from Silver Sands. Went through the usual BS...license ID etc, then shot the crap for a while and gave my son his business card.