Salem Willow pier

Rate this topic

foxfai

If true that place was a staple and part of a tradition for many anglers. I would take a drive up there, grab a Chop Suey sandwich and check it out. Even if that pier is gone there are still a bunch of shore spots there where you can get some great bass on the incoming tide.

Not completely destroyed but badly damaged. Storms did a number on the section at the beginning of the pier. About a 10' section is tilted to one side. The rest of the pier appears to be in decent structural condition. Have not heard anything about planned repairs. Although I never go fishing there I hope it gets repaired. 

22 mins ago, The Riddler said:

If true that place was a staple and part of a tradition for many anglers. I would take a drive up there, grab a Chop Suey sandwich and check it out. Even if that pier is gone there are still a bunch of shore spots there where you can get some great bass on the incoming tide.

Oh man now I'm craving one of those Chop Sueys! 

This was  the second time in about 5 yrs, the pier was trashed.  According to the Salem News, the city wants to raise the flooring because of the increases in the height of high tides during some Noreasters here lately  By the way, the city is in NO hurry to do this.  So you can probably expect nothing done here this year.  Too bad....it's a great flounder year and the mackerel are around already!