Does St Croix Gold Star Upgrade Apply To Out Of Warranty Rods?

Rate this topic

mumichog

Scoured their website and can't tell from their brief explanations whether rods with an expired warranty that are broken by accident (not defect) are eligible for the Upgrade program.  This Tidemaster in question is 6 years old, just out of the 5 year warranty window but (was) in pristine condition.  Serial number confirms 2012 manufacture. Thanks.  I know I can call on Tuesday but figured the real answers are here!

Edited by mumichog

I recently broke my mojo and the first thing that I was asked by customer service was the model and serial numbers afterwards they told me it was still eligible since it was 4 years old. 

Now since this was their first question, I would assume they will ask the same and then tell you that it is ineligible unfortunately.

Still definitely worth a try, but just my 2 cents.

I had a similar situation on a rod a few years back that snapped during a hook set.  The out of warranty rod was a premier series, what they did was charged me like $50 for a repair, the rod they had sent me back was a new rod.  I guess it depends on who you get on the phone in customer service.

Usually they'll prorate the cost of a new rod if the warranty has expired. Pretty cool of them imo. And all St. Croix's carry a no fault warranty. They don't care how you broke it, I doubt they'll ever ask.

"Talent does what it can, genius does what it has to"