Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quack

Pogies?

6 posts in this topic

Numbers are 10% (if that) at my local spot where they usually show up the first week of May.  Anyone seeing pogies around?

ive been on fish sporatically...no rhyme or reason to it at all....nothing seems to be in their normal pattern for this time of year out side of the initial push of herring....I was off for the moon and it was completely hit or miss-- five fish a tide, but taken in four different spots type stuff. .

early on they seemed to be staging in typical spots, but that seems to have gone away and stuff been very spread out and inconsistent.

just my observation so far....I could be wrong.

I agree HD, fish are not filling in where they usually do. Bait has been non existent except for early Herring and grass shrimp. 

On 5/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, bdowning said:

Havent seen any in my usual upper bay haunts. But sea robins.... :eek:

They are a pain.  Caught a few last outing.  Surprised they were around this early.  I thought sea robins liked the water warmer.  

Last year my go to color for fluke rigs was a sea robinish look . Brown orange white squids  . So there is going to be a lot of sea robin strip action going on this year . I would imagine they will last a few hits because there skin is like leather